Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by tetryon »

VoraofFJ wrote:I'll skip the long story, but after major knee surgery on the 8th, Factorio is the sole reason being stuck in bed has not driven me mad.

Thank you for stealing December and here's to a lost half of January, and many weekends in the foreseeable future.
I need me some knee surgery too! :(

DragonRT
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

What a Gem of a Game!

Post by DragonRT »

I only noticed Factorio because someone mentioned it (Jens Bergensten a Minecraft dev) on Twitter. I downloaded the demo and thought I'd give it a go. An hour or so later I'd bought the game (Thursday) and I just finished the Basic campaign on Normal.

I absolutely love this type of game and this one of the best, if not THE best I've ever played. Everything makes sense, the desire to optimise factory supplies is huge and I found it nearly impossible to drag myself off the game at all! The satisfaction I got when some mad factory design ...just worked... was huge.

Even though I've finished the basic campaign I feel that I've barely scratched the surface of what the game has to offer even in it's current alpha form. Not one single crash or bug of any sort in over 20hrs! Brilliant and a great hangover cure for New Years Day!.

Thanks devs, Happy New Year (to all), and keep up the good/great/awesome work :)

[Merged by Koub] : took the liberty to merge with the quite old thread with the same topic :)

xaviershay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xaviershay »

I've spent my entire xmas break playing Factorio and regret nothing. It's everything I wanted but didn't quite get out of simcity/DF/minecraft!

Mikrotherion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mikrotherion »

Thank you.
Not much time to post, need to play Factorio.

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ringkeeper »

Just want to add my thank you in this thread.

I don't remember where i saw factorio first time. But it looked nice and the gameplay interesting.
Have to admit that i did not check the website, as i thought, there won't be more information and for sure no demo version (demo are rare this days) . So i obtained a backup copy from the net.
After 5 hours playing, well, i bought the game. And addicted my wife which has now also a bought copy. And couple people from a other online game guild. :D

In this game you really see, that the devs thought about stuff. All this little things like "take stack, take half, take all, put half/all" that make gameplay sooo smooth. My favourite part: OpenTDD signals :D Awesome. Hope one day we can tell trains exactly where they should go. And mods!!
the game is also really stable for an alpha game. Never had a single crash/glitsch/bug so far and also in multiplayer (local network ftw... last game that supported THAT was ages ago) we had never disconnect. Only once a little lag because of "out of sync" .

Keep up the good work

Tontaube
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tontaube »

I hope I can congratulate to you being a father at the same time as the game made it on steam!

Thanks for the game - more than 420 positive reviews: totally justified!

Bye

Michael

OzHawkeye
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OzHawkeye »

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'd say let me be the first to post a positive review, but 1,722 other people beat me to it... hehe. With only 7 negative reviews, it's fair to say that Factorio is off to a flying start on Steam.

You all deserve the success I hope this brings and I look forward to playing this game for a good long while yet.

Well done!

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

I should wait a few more minutes (the counter gets higher as we speak), but we are very close to 2k positive reviews (1.993 right now) :D I find the 13 negatives interesting, though. People are especially complaining about the lack of endgame, and while it's absolutely not a game breaker for me, personally, I think I get what they mean. Something like your initial plans to do some kind of space platform is kinda missing at the moment :/ Maybe you should play around with some old/new concepts for endgame after you finished what you planned until official release? I mean, I have a vague understanding of what this means in more work programming wise, but maybe it's what is missing to give the game the last bit of polish it needs, after all?

You are the devs, you'll know best :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well, it is early access, and we obviously have lot of plans to do :)

Kujila
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Hats off to Factorio Devs

Post by Kujila »

I know this probably isn't deserving of its own topic, but here I go any ways: good job on this game. As I've grown older, less and less computer games appeal to me. Factorio has captured my interest completely. The amount of detail put into this game is amazing. It said "Early Access" on Steam, but this is far from an unfinished alpha test of a game. Factorio was worth every penny I spent on it. I am thoroughly enjoying the game so far. The inclusion of peaceful mode is really great for new players to learn the game, too!

I hope to see new features and mods as time goes on. Specifically, I would love mods for all sorts of new materials to mine! (EDIT: I just found Bob's metal mod!) This game brings me back to my days of playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe, complete with my spaghetti-railway system of materials and products.

Any ways, thanks for this game! I can't keep myself from thinking about the game while I am at work and designing conveyor belt layouts in my head. I can hardly wait to get home and play some more! If it's easy to mod, I might look into tinkering with it some myself!!

Evonik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Hats off to Factorio Devs

Post by Evonik »

I second your opinion,
im 30 years old, and like you as of late, games don't appeal to me much anymore.
Then along comes this old school 2D game and BLOWS my mind all over the wall.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] : Merged topics, because basically extremely similar philosophy :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

OkariDraconis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OkariDraconis »

Just wanted to say you guys have made a very kick ass game, especially considering its still in alpha.

The game play is simplistic enough to make it easy to get into.
You guys did an amazing job of balancing the complexity and difficulty of the game and how it continues to rise in both as the game progresses.
This is one the most amazing balances of natural and emergent game play elements / difficulty I've seen in a sandbox.
At no point in my main play through did I feel like I had nothing to do, there was always 2 more problems that needed to be solved, which is perfect.

Well done guys.
Please review this idea when you get a chance
Swarm Biters (locusts) - The Evolved Response to TurretCreep

5+ years game development experiance

Coactum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

To the devs

Post by Coactum »

I'm not really sure where else to put this, but I put money towards the indiegogo campaign in early 2013 and from the outset I've spent countless hours playing. I can't tell you how many boring nightshifts and lazy days you whiled away for me and it's been my go to game to disappear for a bit when things have gotten tough in the past few years. I've funded a fair few games via kickstarter, early access and the like, and by far this one has not only been the most unique and interesting, but also the one most worth my money, both in gameplay value and time spent. I've never really posted on the forums, just kinda lurked about and checked back every now and then for a new build, but I've recommended it to so many people.

I wanted to make this post to say thank you very much for Factorio, and I'm incredibly happy about the "Overwhelmingly Positive" on Steam, you deserve every recommendation.

Edit: Wasn't aware there was a giant thread until after posting, should have checked, but yeah :)

[Merged by Koub] so that you are also part of the giganormous thread of happy people :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: To the devs

Post by kovarex »

Thank you :)

BenVilhaven
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BenVilhaven »

Really enjoying the game.

Thanks for the hard work.

modInfo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by modInfo »

Today on HN i saw the game Factorio, I downloaded the demo, I went the whole scenario and I bought the full version of Factorio, I love this game, I has just been waiting for the game since i was baby, thanks producer for this game!
I say goodbye to my spare time.

Thank you for Factorio Game!

Selgald
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Selgald »

After one week I already reached 50 hours playtime.

Made all the nice factory designs, managed all the production lines, super fun time.

Then I found Bobs Mods, and after two weeks I reach 80 hours of playtime a voice in my head yells "look at what you have done to this planet! Look at it! You are pure evil!".

Love the game and the community.

fffranz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fffranz »

What a game! I havent bougth a game the last years, but this i wanted to have after playing the demo. It its worth every cent. I cant believe that it ist manmade - its crazy to make such a artpiece of game. Thank you and go on this way!
Sorry for my bad english.
Franz

simwir
Inserter
Inserter

Post by simwir »

This game is all that you need if you have some time to burn :D

There's is always something new to do. And i would like to especially thank for the great modding capabilities the game has :D

Return to “General discussion”