new .15 fluid production ratios, what are your setups?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

new .15 fluid production ratios, what are your setups?

Post by tk0421 »

so, we all know that fluid containers, recipes, and productions went up by a factor of 10, which is great, but a few of the recipes were slightly changed, which killed the old ratios.

i personally loved the 4refinery-1heavy craker-7light cracker setup as it was very compact and could just plop it down almost anywhere you needed to make [insert fluid here]. just one or 2 of these could sustain an entire science factory.

but it seems the footprint required in .15 is massive...
here's my math on the facility required to keep a 1:1 science factory withe all 6 packs running:
24 advanced refineries
2 heavy crackers
23 light crackers
2 lubricant plants
1 sulfuric acid plant
3 sulfur plants
12 plastic plants
3 battery plants.

this setup still leaves per second an excess of 6 light oil, 1.3 heavy oil, and 87.3 petrolium.
using this just to keep science going, (also a large excess of acid 38/sec that i am shipping out to uranium mines).

here is the setup (have only just started adding the purple and yellow sections back after re-organizing. the refinery is as large as all the first 4 sections.

so... good/bad? and how are you changing your factories?

edit: also, have noticed a weird bug (maybe?) when my light oil crackers exhaust all light oil, petrolium is backwashing through the input pipes? it doesnt require a teardown the way a crossed pipe would, corrects itself when light oil gets pushed back in the system, but its strange, and almost caused me a aneurysm the first time i turned the flows on...

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: new .15 fluid production ratios, what are your setups?

Post by Engimage »

I'm sure you overestimate pipe throughput here. Too many pumps for oil all go through 1 pipe and same goes for water

Return to “General discussion”