[0.15] We need a way to destroy blue prints!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15] We need a way to destroy blue prints!

Post by Escadin »

With the new blue print book menu we can create an infinite amount of blue prints, books and deconstruction planners out of thin air. But what if I want to get rid of a blue print? I mean the obvious exploitive / abusive potential aside just clicking a menu button because you're thinking about maybe creating a blue print (which you can easily change your mind about in the process at this point) creates another piece of trash for your map.

Please, there is no reason to have empty blue prints in the inventory anymore. Imo, if you create a blue print from the menu and then don't use it (for example, you drop it out of your hand with right click) the blue print should just vanish instead of going to your inventory. Also, there needs to be an option in the blue print context menu or whereever to tear it up. A destroy option could also come in handy for obsolete blue print books and spare deconstruction plans.
"--? How are commands compounded in a compounded compound command commanding compound composts." -defines.lua

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15] We need a way to destroy blue prints!

Post by brunzenstein »

put the blueprint books it in wooden box and shoot it - if the box is problem

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

More generally, there should be a way to dispose of unneeded items besides putting them in a chest and destroying the chest.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

The new blueprint box shouldn't enhance the old way of doing blueprints. It should replace it. Entirely. Blueprints should not be items and when you let go of them they should vanish, safely stored in the new blueprint box.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

I cant see how if you have 1 too many empty blueprints all the time ,you will chop a tree, create a box, and shoot the thing, and then have bots leaving you. Or be waiting if your collection of worthless blueprints is big enough, wasting inventory space doing it. The game is better than this. I'd rather just drop it on the ground, and leave a trail of blue squares, or do what i do with any excess items. Throw it in my supply network to be dealt with, which usually means it is transfered into the logistic network at my main base, where a ton of wasted blueprints wait to be rediscovered by me.

All the while you have a library that doesnt deal with any of those problems not even slightly.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

I just found there is a trash can on the screen I overlooked

axelsword
Inserter
Inserter

Post by axelsword »

brunzenstein wrote:I just found there is a trash can on the screen I overlooked
Yes, there is a trash function, but that only clears the blueprint.
Using that in the blueprint menu removes the blueprint, but as an item they end up cluttering the inventory.

Since now blueprints are spawned instead of crafted, I agree that the trash button should instead delete blueprint from inventory. Same goes for blueprint books and deconstruction planner.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

'Kay.

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nemostein »

Oxyd wrote:'Kay.

#WillLoveYouForever!
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

be careful when using the destroy button.

make sure you are holding a single blueprint and NOT the book...

yeah, i just destroyed my entire book of blueprints in one click. whoops.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

As long as you have it in your library, its not a problem to loose a book me thinks. In your inventory are either dupes, or less important blueprints not in the library. Unless you prefer the old style and keep everything inventory.

But those people who will prefer inventory over library, this change will be a pain in the ass me thinks. :D In the sense of ,just redoing a blueprint with 1 button was replaced by a whole chain of commands.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

OK yea i see you are right, this shouldnt be doable in the global library. Because deletion is final, no backup and you cannot reload a save to bring em back.

Deletion from teh inventory is ok with me. You will have a savegame to bring em back, you likely have it in your global library to bring em back.

But 1 button accidental deletion from the global library is funked up like that.

Return to “General discussion”