Requester Chest...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ftbreizhbugs
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Requester Chest...

Post by ftbreizhbugs »

Daid wrote: So, lovers of bots, tell me, how does your game work for you? What is your challenge? I'm really curious. As just saying "the game is broken for me now" is hard to grasp from my view on the game.
I don't consider myself a lovers of bot :)
I discover the game in 0.12 and start the spaghetti way.
In 0.13 i learrned to make a bus and played more with trains. Didnt play too much in 0.14 except to get hand on it before 0.15.
My plan for 0.15 was to make a train world / bot world. The requester chest being pushed so far in the tech tree forced me to make a way bigger intermediate base. It means more trees to destroy to make room for a temporary structure (and i dont really want to invest too much time/effort in a base i will dismantle later on...), more trees to destroy for the new base while the first one produces basic stuff, setup a decent blue science automation instead of a basic red+green automation + doing the 100/200 blue required by hand...
Starting a base is quite slow in general(start basic mining/smelting/ destroy trees / wonder how and where you will setup your bus, your train stations ....) and is not the funniest part of that game. They just make this part even bigger with that change!

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

the point is from start to bots ( with requester chests ) is the first big challenge, then you can nearly build anything very quickly without having to layout infrastructure. Though this assembling way is very innefficient, so you will then have to rebuild or restructure so that you diont have to carry thousands of material by flight. *you could until you run out of energy. etc... but now its like, ok first you have to set out the infrastructure for all science packs, then you can get bots and use them the proper way, and then ok, well why did i want them at the first place? everything is already set out after 16 hours of playing... or sth like that... - also the whole thing with bots is that they are so cpu efficient, and that is one of my weakpoints, and the current mood is not leading to smaller factories... which is really sad, because the belt optimization was somehow a point into this direction, now this point will take another huge amount of time? or whatever... get it done... nvm. lol

svmsung
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by svmsung »

The basic logistic robot is red & green science, but to actually use it u need requester chests ...
Oh u want requester chests then u need blue, purple and yellow science to! no logic in that.
I was disappointed when i found out i couldn't use my little bot slaves before researching Logistic system. :roll:

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

You can use them to supply yourself, which is the intent behind the current system.
But while I agrre that you should get this ability befor requester chest the logistic system research is still too expensive.

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FasterJump »

Me too, I was surprised when I saw the new requirment for the requester chest, but I'm fine with it.
Vanilla is harder now, I appreciate this change I suppose, it's more challenging.
The game is intended to be a spaghetti-belt party, if you don't like it, you can play mods.
Anyway the research is not that hard to get.

Return to “General discussion”