0.15 first impressions

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
gudge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

0.15 first impressions

Post by gudge »

The changes I've noticed have all been related to military.

Normally I tech hard to laser turrets so that I don't have to deal with supplying things with ammo. I was on my way to that this time when I noticed laser turret research takes dark science, not blue. I built 200 dark science in ad-hoc batches because it was faster than building a new assembling line.

Fortunately the biters seem less dangerous this time round -- all the bases I've seen are like 1-3 spawners.

Normally I go heavy coal power the whole game. I tend to aggro the biters pretty hard around hour 5, but then I try to launch the rocket around hour 7 and I'm done. This game I expect will take longer, so I dedicated a chunk of my base to making solar power, and I'm putting efficiency mods on all my mining drills. Of course that slows me down more but better safe than sorry.

Still no plans to go nuclear. Nuclear seems to be a good fit for super-mega-bases that need hundreds of megawatts. I'm not doing that.

In principle I'm really excited by the new tech recipes. In practice I've already run out of room in my base to build assembly lines, unless I want to fill in some lakes or raze some forests. I guess I'll work it out soon. : )

Return to “General discussion”