Some feedback for 0.10.1

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
boki
Inserter
Inserter

Some feedback for 0.10.1

Post by boki »

The last version I played before this one was 0.9.8. The first thing I noticed after the update was a huge frame rate increase. My low end comp runs the game much better, there is no more big frame rate drops around light sources(it still drops somewhat but not as much). Now if you could only do something similar to smoke from my steam engines that would be great

The new sounds are really good, but have few small suggestions/problems.
-First the sound of door opening for the robot port is to loud and I can hear it from very long distance even if I am in center of my factory with lot of noise. Suggestion to lower the sound somewhat and limit its range more closer to the robot port.
-The second one is the sound of robots, the bip bop bup. Its sound very annoying, but the bigger problem is that it is somewhat loud also and it makes them stand out more in all the sounds. I just want to sit in factory and listen to its noise, but this robots ruin it all :D . So suggestion to lower it also, or better change it to something less annoying that makes them passing by stand out less (maybe flying sound or something).

The second thing is changes to electronics. I liked the old one better, because they where easy to see what is what. The problem is that the electronic circuit and advance circuit are very similar in color now. I am not color blind but i have problems noticing what is what on my belts. Suggestion is make the advance circuit blue, but for processing unit make somewhat different new look. The older version look was really good because while processing unit had similar color to advance circuit, it had little different shape, so you can see easy what is on your belt.

Edit:
Two more things
The alien attack sound is also very loud and somewhat annoying
The color of plastic is almost same as steal. Maybe change it a little, more darker or something
Last edited by boki on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Some feedback for 0.10.1

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sander Buruma »

for me personally it bugs me big time that the train sounds are not synced with the animation.

deadfa11
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deadfa11 »

boki wrote:The problem is that the electronic circuit and advance circuit are very similar in color now. I am not color blind but i have problems noticing what is what on my belts.
Well, the circuit is green and the advanced circuit is red, right? I can only speak personally, but to me they're easily distinguishable. Mixing up green and red is a symptom of some types of color blindness, isn't it?

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sander Buruma »

yes, he is probably color blind or green/red blind (not able to distinguish between green/red). I reckon there are quite a few color blind gamers. Considering the primarily male demographic for the game, color blindness should be pretty common compared to the general population (woman included).

Return to “General discussion”