lazy bastard achievment

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
noahnoah123455
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

lazy bastard achievment

Post by noahnoah123455 »

can you change the lazy bastard achiement to something like lazy bum bc i am hearing kids saying that word at 7 years old if they have the game

xZippy
Inserter
Inserter

Re: lazy bastard achievment

Post by xZippy »

I hate to say it but I don't see that as a good enough reason to change that.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

noahnoah123455 wrote:can you change the lazy bastard achiement to something like lazy bum bc i am hearing kids saying that word at 7 years old if they have the game
So you want them say lazy bum at 7 years old?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AileTheAlien »

I feel like the fact that the name is meant as a sort of tongue-in-cheek insult is more of a problem than the actual word-choice. Young children don't / can't understand the concept of gently making fun of someone (which is what the game is doing), especially if it's also combined with a word that has a range of uses, from joking, to clinical, to outright hostile insult. Still, I feel like 7 is old enough, for a parent to have a discussion with a child, about why certain words are "bad", and help them grow as a person/into adulthood. The word "bastard" seems like a pretty gentle way to start that conversation, compared to the things that a child might hear or see, if they walked in on a parent watching an R-rated (or even PG-13, for that matter) movie. :)

Return to “General discussion”