0.15 Reactor Ratio

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.15 Reactor Ratio

Post by Mehve »

Are all of the steam turbines and exchangers maintaining their steam levels? That's usually the first indication that you're drawing more power from the assembly then you're making. Once the excess steam disappears, you should finally start to see the heat pipes/exchangers/reactors begin to lose their stored temperature. Also, accumulators are limited in how much power each one will draw when recharging - make sure you're actually pulling more power than your reactor assembly can provide.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

You could place the build in a map where Creative Mode Mod is enabled. The mod has a energy void that makes your reactor produce 100% of what is possible.
very easy to see problem this way.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Cagbee
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cagbee »

Distelzombie wrote:You could place the build in a map where Creative Mode Mod is enabled. The mod has a energy void that makes your reactor produce 100% of what is possible.
very easy to see problem this way.
So after recreating my Setup in CMM and waiting for it to heat up: 6 reactors feed 180 heat exchangers to the point where they all produced steam and the reactors themselves hover @ 860 degrees. This is 100 more exchangers than i had originally thought, the exchangers feed 160 turbines, which is under half of what i also expected them to produce, not all of them are at full cap too.

Just to be clear heat exchangers produce 103.4 steam per second correct?

Ps. how do i take screenshots of the game?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Cagbee wrote: So after recreating my Setup in CMM and waiting for it to heat up: 6 reactors feed 180 heat exchangers to the point where they all produced steam and the reactors themselves hover @ 860 degrees. This is 100 more exchangers than i had originally thought, the exchangers feed 160 turbines, which is under half of what i also expected them to produce, not all of them are at full cap too.

Just to be clear heat exchangers produce 103.4 steam per second correct?

Ps. how do i take screenshots of the game?
Four ways:
-The PrintScr key on the keyboard and paste into MS paint
-If playing through steam, then use its screen capture function
-The /screenshot command through the console
-http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaG ... screenshot

As for what you are describing, sounds like you are fluid flow capped
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

BTW is there a way ro make the screenshot command capture more than 10m around you?
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Distelzombie wrote:BTW is there a way ro make the screenshot command capture more than 10m around you?
http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaG ... screenshot
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Use radars. They are relatively cheap to build and have a huge constant power draw.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

I think this better belongs in here:

I came up with a good visualization of the calculations you have to do for the bonuses:
Im going to use a layered approach where bonuses are just stacked reactor groups on top of the others. In case of an 8 reactor setup:

You have 8 basic reactors without bonus. (We'll come to it)
xx
xx
xx
xx

Every reactor is adjacent to another reactor. So we can draw a vertical line...
x|x
x|x
x|x
x|x

... now you add the bonuses of each: All of them get a 100% bonus. So you have another 8 reactors on top of them = 16.
And now lets do horizontal lines:
(xx)
-----
(xx)
-----
(xx)
-----
(xx)

Lets look at the first line: It is surrounded by 4 reactors that also all have an adjacent one:
(xx)
-----
(xx)

So you add 100% to every reactor again, thats another 4. So now 8+16=20 reactors
We do that three times since there are three sets of four reactors seperated by a line. Here highlighted by the colors red, blue and green:
(xx) ------------- (xx)
-----
(xx) and this set (xx)
------------------- -----
(xx) ------------- (xx)
-----
(xx) ------------- (xx)
16 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 28
And since we know we need 4 heat exchanger per reactor we simply multiply it: 4 * 28 = 112

justincuster
Inserter
Inserter

Post by justincuster »

Dimanper wrote:Updated my spreadsheet from second page of this topic. Exact values without any assumptions this time. Hope it will help someone in their design decisions.
f3a.PNG
Nuclear Power.xlsx
Thank you! This is very helpful.
- Justin -

Return to “General discussion”