3d artist, Factorio needs you!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

3d artist, Factorio needs you!

Post by quinor »

Why is Factorio development going so slow? Why .15 was so delayed? The main reason as I understand it is lack of 3d artistic workforce. They team is hiring all the time and it's in our best interest that they have found somebody. And what job could possibly be better than developing Factorio?

So, if you're a 3d artist, apply to Wube. Or better, already move to Prague and lie down on their doorstep, they'll understand sooner or later (you know Fight Club, right?).

If you know a 3d artist, ask him to apply too. If he resists, politely chain him and send to Wube through airmail - they'll surely thank you after some time. And you'll have our genuine gratitude!

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 3d artist, Factorio needs you!

Post by steinio »

As I stated before Yuoki and Angel are predestined for this job :)

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

I doubt the graphics was the main cause of delay - they made it clear they are fine with releasing with partial graphics, and as recently as three weeks ago said there were major code-related problems (failing tests, crashes etc.)

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

As far as I know there is actually (relatively) very few good 3d artists. There is a lot of all kinds of artists so it seems like there is a lot of them, but finding one with specific skills isn't that easy. And even if you find a good one, he usually have much broader skillset than you need and wants much more money than you'd be willing to pay.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

quinor wrote:The main reason as I understand it is lack of 3d artistic workforce.
Your assumption would be false.

Artist created stuff, while important, hasn't really held back any release to my knowledge. In last few months as LOT of artist time has been put into re-creating textures in high resolution. Devs have been giving us higher-quality textures over several versions already (initially only icons) and have said that probably higher-res more textures will be added in during the release cycle of 0.15.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

steinio wrote:As I stated before Yuoki and Angel are predestined for this job :)
I thought Yuoki made graphics for Angel mods?

Return to “General discussion”