Start a new base now?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
WarmCat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Start a new base now?

Post by WarmCat »

Like most people, I'm excited for 0.15. Especially the liquid train carriages.
My question is, should I start a new map now and start to get things underway ready for the update, or just wait until 0.15 and start new then?
What's your thoughts? :-)

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Start a new base now?

Post by joon »

I'm playing bobs and angels for now and will start a new vanilla when 0.15 comes.

Edit: Research will be totally different, boilers are a different size and lots of other tweaks that we might not know yet so I will be learning from a fresh start. When a version looks stable I'll load maybe some old maps, also to check if the mods still work.

MrGoodbits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrGoodbits »

Yes... start a new base NOW!

Do a lazy bastard achievement run. Then start another and go for the no spoon challenge.

I have so much to do before 0.15....

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

Not if you play mods. They will become incompatible.

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

My current addiction is Bobs+SpaceX. 60 hours in and at rocket number 20 I think. I'm going to wait for some of the mods to update to 0.15 because some are just too good to live without (upgrade planner, long reach, bob's). I still want to get the no spoon achievement and 400k iron per hour. But I think I want to try Marathon + Bob's or maybe Angel + Bob's first. So much to do still.

Durentis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durentis »

WarmCat wrote:Like most people, I'm excited for 0.15. Especially the liquid train carriages.
My question is, should I start a new map now and start to get things underway ready for the update, or just wait until 0.15 and start new then?
What's your thoughts? :-)
This update will change a lot of things so, although you undoubtedly can import a save, fix any brokenness, and move on, I would hold off for now.

Except for obtaining specific achievements if you care about them.. do those?

You can use the rail tanker mod in 0.14 if you want, but you'll disable steam/vanilla achievements.

Return to “General discussion”