Tutorial Mission 2 - "abandoned"

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Pinkishu
Inserter
Inserter

Tutorial Mission 2 - "abandoned"

Post by Pinkishu »

In tutorial mission 2 you find a mining site that is "abandoned".

I'd not call something abandoned just because I see noone around, but because I expect noone was around for quite a while.
Yet there are not many mined ressources in the chests or on the conveyor belts.

But how come? That are Burner Drills there, and they are running. Which means that they cannot have been alone for too long, theres nothing that sticks coal into them and a stack of coal doesn't last that long imo.
besides if they had been running there would either be a conveyor belt filled up with coal that stops them from running further or more coal in the chest since the inserter (if it ran) would have put the coal into the chest.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Tutorial Mission 2 - "abandoned"

Post by ficolas »

is just a tutorial in a game, details dont matter much

Hanse00
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hanse00 »

Disagreed, the story and atmosphere are what make a campaign.

Besides, it's a quick and small change to leave the machines out of coal and dropping some into the chest instead, but it'd make a difference to the story.

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by orbito »

ficolas wrote:is just a tutorial in a game, details dont matter much
Yep.

Abandoned means no one is around, because they left. Most likely it was made by aliens or other survivors of the crash that died.

Pinkishu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pinkishu »

orbito wrote:
ficolas wrote:is just a tutorial in a game, details dont matter much
Yep.

Abandoned means no one is around, because they left. Most likely it was made by aliens or other survivors of the crash that died.
Well yeah but I haven't abandoned my house just cause I leave it for a couple hours ^^

And by the state you find it in, it looks like it has been abandoned a couple seconds ago :p

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Pinkishu wrote: Well yeah but I haven't abandoned my house just cause I leave it for a couple hours ^^

And by the state you find it in, it looks like it has been abandoned a couple seconds ago :p
That is indeed wrong.

But does it say "abandoned" in there?
But I thought I was supposed to be a follow up to the previous level (on the same location).

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

The point of this was to present the player with a very simple functional setup. So it is obvious to him that "oh those belts are moving the stuff around" and "hmmm that mining drill is putting the resources on the belt".

However from the point of the language and the story this doesn't make too much sense indeed. It is actually a good idea to expand on this a little bit and maybe have more materials (e.g. coal) available in the chest but the drills being out of fuel. And then we could explain one by one - put the fuel into the drill - look this is the transport belt and it carries the resources around - etc.

Pinkishu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pinkishu »

MF- wrote:
Pinkishu wrote: Well yeah but I haven't abandoned my house just cause I leave it for a couple hours ^^

That is indeed wrong.

But does it say "abandoned" in there?
But I thought I was supposed to be a follow up to the previous level (on the same location).
"It looks like an abandoned mining site here ..."
^^

And yeah I get that its to explain the players, just in retrospect after seeing it again I found it odd :3

Return to “General discussion”