power wont flow in old save (edited)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
zach2759
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

power wont flow in old save (edited)

Post by zach2759 »

Hey I got an old save from idk what update cause i saved it over. When i loaded it up it said these items has been changed ok all good but then my power went out and i cant get power to flow through my electricity poles and now nothing can receive power. I've tried replacing steam engines, boilers, power poles, the things that need power. any idea or is tdat save gone and not functional anymore.
Attachments
Lets_play_with_AAA.zip
World save
(4.96 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
Last edited by zach2759 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: power wont flow in old save (edited)

Post by Lee_newsum »

upload the save so we can have a look so we can help you.

zach2759
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zach2759 »

There the save file. let me know if you need screenshots from my prespective

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Your base in that savegame contains about 1200(!) laser turrets, each draining 24 kW of power in standby mode. That is in total about 28 MW of power.

After tearing down most of the turrets, the electric networks seems to behave normally with me.

zach2759
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zach2759 »

lol ok thanks. It worked when i had it setup before ill try it and see thanks.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I guess it would work as long as your steam engines are producing more than 28 MW of electricity. However, if it ever drops below 28 MW, all entities in your electric network will not receive any electricity anymore, since everything is used up by the standby power ("drain") of the laser turrets. This will lead to a deadlock situation, because, without electricity, your boiler inserters will stop working, stopping all power generation completely. This deadlock situation can only be fixed by manually feeding the boilers with fuel, so that they produce more than 28 MW again, or by replacing the inserters with burner inserters, which do not require electricity.

zach2759
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zach2759 »

Tekky wrote:Your base in that savegame contains about 1200(!) laser turrets, each draining 24 kW of power in standby mode. That is in total about 28 MW of power.

After tearing down most of the turrets, the electric networks seems to behave normally with me.
After getting rid of my laser turrets except 200 my factory slowly came back thank you so much i didnt think that could of been the issue. thank you

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

zach2759 wrote:After getting rid of my laser turrets except 200 my factory slowly came back thank you so much i didnt think that could of been the issue. thank you
I'm glad I was able to help.

Return to “General discussion”