inventory profiles

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
jaa6312
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

inventory profiles

Post by jaa6312 »

Have these been discussed?

work on the main base, work on oil processing, building train outposts/station, biter hunting, etc... All these activities requires me to unload most of my inventory and request all new material. it would be nice if these inventory load-outs were saved and inventory changes could be performed automatically through some time of profile function, using bots. Maybe make it part of research, so it's more of an end-game, quality of life reward.

Ingress
Inserter
Inserter

Re: inventory profiles

Post by Ingress »

But honestly inventory management, I believe, is one of the key components of end game content. We have so many slots and so much stuff to choose from. Going to that oil field way up north, get there and realize you brought rails, trains, signals, pump jacks, pipe, assembly machines to barrel, oh shit. You left the damn barrels. HAHAHA that's one of the most entertaining things. Ok lets go all the way back to the bus and get, oh wait, Green circuits are struggling; um copper is running low. cause the ore is not coming, well the patch is running dry, or lets recycle some of the miners, well shit I know I was going to do something but for the life of me I cant remember what...Oh well it will come to me( 30 minutes later you realize your red circuits are struggling do to a lack of plastic due to a lack of oil and so starts the circle of Facterio all over again.)
God what a great game especially of ADHD and OCD people!!!!! This game has made me both!!! Props to the Devs for making a game I have been looking for, for 20 years!

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

jaa6312 wrote:Have these been discussed?

work on the main base, work on oil processing, building train outposts/station, biter hunting, etc... All these activities requires me to unload most of my inventory and request all new material. it would be nice if these inventory load-outs were saved and inventory changes could be performed automatically through some time of profile function, using bots. Maybe make it part of research, so it's more of an end-game, quality of life reward.
Regarding the barrels....this is what I use the Armoured car's trunk for, put the barrels in there when you go to make a new outpost. In general, when you want to go build an outpost, the Car (or Tank)'s trunk is a great place to store the materials you will use for that purpose. (80 stacks ftw!)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I recommend the trash mod, which enables to define defaults of what is requested in the request slots.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”