Bitter Attacks??????

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Ingress
Inserter
Inserter

Bitter Attacks??????

Post by Ingress »

What do bitters actually attack? If they run across a solar power array out in the boonies will they attack it? What about a power pole? I know they attack bots and pollution emmiting machines but lets say I want to have a huge solar grid away from my base. Do I need to add protection like all other faucets of my base or is it on the list of non-agro items in the game? IE Solar panels, Accumulators and sub stations?

This game is awesome. I can not seem to get enough of it.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bitter Attacks??????

Post by ChurchOrganist »

If enraged by pollution a biter will attack anything in its way - trees, stones, rail pieces, power poles, you name it will go in their rush to eliminate the pollution source.

If there is no pollution around biters may attack an object if it is in the place where they wish to build a nest.

But, if there is no pollution, and they are not migrating, then they won't attack anything unless it's within range of their senses and then only you, bots and turrets.

HTH
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Nosferatu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nosferatu »

ChurchOrganist wrote:If enraged by pollution a biter will attack anything in its way - trees, stones, rail pieces, power poles, you name it will go in their rush to eliminate the pollution source.
No. Only if it blocks their way towards the pollution source or in rare cases where biters are enraged by pollution but can't find the source.

The main problem is. They will expand. You have to defend your outposts against that.
So you have to build defense towers - defense towers will aggro every alien around them

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Nosferatu wrote:No. Only if it blocks their way towards the pollution source or in rare cases where biters are enraged by pollution but can't find the source.
Read my sentence again - that is exactly what I said!

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

ChurchOrganist wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:No. Only if it blocks their way towards the pollution source or in rare cases where biters are enraged by pollution but can't find the source.
No, he said exactly the same as you did.

Nosferatu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nosferatu »

ChurchOrganist wrote:
The aliens aren't as aggressive as your sentence suggests.
They will not attack rail pieces on their way to the pollution source because rails don't block them.
If you place a power pole in open territory they will walk around it instead of attacking.
Power poles are only in danger if you place them in a dense forest.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Nosferatu wrote:They will not attack rail pieces on their way to the pollution source because rails don't block them.
If you place a power pole in open territory they will walk around it instead of attacking.
And yet I have experienced both these behaviours in late game.

To be fair they don't generally go for rail, but eating power poles is quite a regular occurrence.

For that reason there comes a point where I wall off territory at a point beyond the pollution cloud so they can't get to them

Thegrover
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thegrover »

In my current factory, there's one problematic large pole on my main power supply along my rails, right next to an iron mining outpost that gets destroyed almost every time the outpost is attacked, i don't know own why the biters don't like that pole in particular, just that two or three brave construction bots give their lives as they try to repair it (stupidly)

The pile might block their path if there are other biters passing both sides of the pole and one buyer can't get past i guess, but it's still a pain to replace

Return to “General discussion”