I am impatient

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

I am impatient

Post by Avezo »

I recall in one of friday facts there was mention about 0.15 being released around february 2017. It is march now. I am mad. I just had to let it out.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I am impatient

Post by daniel34 »

https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-177
Our current optimistic estimate is that we will be able to release an experimental version of 0.15 at the end of March, and we will keep you all up to date on its progress.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

Avezo wrote:I recall in one of friday facts there was mention about 0.15 being released around february 2017. It is march now. I am mad. I just had to let it out.
this was only an estimate. Probably go to a clinic if you are mad.

TheKingOfFailure
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheKingOfFailure »

It seems like you'd be a terrible doctor
because you'd have no patients​! :D :D

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I am also very impatient and would love to play 0.15 right away.

However, I prefer that the devs take their time to release a high quality 0.15, instead of releasing a half-finished 0.15.

I may be pulling out my hair in frustration during the wait, but I would be a lot more frustrated if a disappointing 0.15 were released. Therefore, I'm sure the devs are making the right decision to not release it yet.

vijkumar219
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vijkumar219 »

Hi guys , Even i am impatient ;) ... It's there any new updation in 0.15 ?
Last edited by vijkumar219 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

No, but maybe more information tomorow in the FF :)
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

LotA
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LotA »

I think tomorrow's FFF will give us a release date that would be in 2~4 weeks. but that's totally a personal assumption

waiting.gif
waiting.gif (1.82 MiB) Viewed 12489 times
I can't wait 0.15 anymore ! Give it to me !

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

LotA wrote:I think tomorrow's FFF will give us a release date that would be in 2~4 weeks. but that's totally a personal assumption
You were right. :-)

By the way, I love the picture you posted of Cartman. I feel the same way as him. :)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Tekky wrote:By the way, I love the picture you posted of Cartman. I feel the same way as him. :)
It's ok, you just need to get up the mountain and freeze yourself for three or so weeks :)

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

posila wrote:
Tekky wrote:By the way, I love the picture you posted of Cartman. I feel the same way as him. :)
It's ok, you just need to get up the mountain and freeze yourself for three or so weeks :)
Great idea! I offer $200 to anyone who will come visit me in the alps on release day with a pickaxe, in order to free me from the ice cube I will be in.

On second thought, I don't think I will be able to find anyone on this forum prepared to wake me up out of statis on release day, since they will all have better things to do. All Factorio customers will be trying out the new patch and all devs will be busy handling all the bug reports. :-)

I guess I will have to look elsewhere for someone to free me out of stasis on release day.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

*awakens from stasis and finds out that 0.15 has not been released yet*

*goes back into stasis for another week*

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Come on guys! There's plenty of other games to be playing, like :
- umhhh..

- or hmmmmm...
- Factorio with Bob's mod
- and Angels mod
- Minecraft is supposed to be good
- or teach yourself C++ while you wait

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Tekky wrote:*awakens from stasis and finds out that 0.15 has not been released yet*

*goes back into stasis for another week*
It'd be so funny if it was today or tomorrow (most releases seem to have happened late in the week, at least from a cursory analysis of 0.14.x releases). :D

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

Hardly doubt they will, from Friday Facts 183:
When we are ready to make a release, it will be either on a Monday or a Tuesday, to give ourselves some long working days to bugfix while the reports are fresh. This means we will probably know the Friday beforehand that everything is ready, in which case we will let everyone know in the FFF. To clarify: If you don't hear us mention releasing 0.15, you can rest easy for another week that we aren't going to surprise you.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Now that 0.15 is stable, I can't wait for 0.16. :-)

I am impatient.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Now that Factorio Friday Facts #212 has announced that 0.16 will be released before the GUI Update is finished and will therefore be released sooner, I am even more impatient for the 0.16 update.

The closer the 0.16 release gets, the more impatient I will get. :)

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Avezo wrote:I recall in one of friday facts there was mention about 0.15 being released around february 2017. It is march now. I am mad. I just had to let it out.
They will release it next year. Since the development become slower in each update.
I dont think they will adding more worthy Feature for a while. They probabaly making a new game

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Hellatze wrote:
They will release it next year.
Are you aware that the message you quoted was about version 0.15 which has already been released many months ago?

Hellatze wrote:I dont think they will adding more worthy Feature for a while. They probabaly making a new game
I seriously doubt that they are already making a new game while their first game is still in early access.

The reason that they are taking longer with each update is probably that the game is getting more and more complex and therefore things such as optimizations are a lot more work.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Tekky wrote:
Hellatze wrote:
They will release it next year.
Are you aware that the message you quoted was about version 0.15 which has already been released many months ago?

Hellatze wrote:I dont think they will adding more worthy Feature for a while. They probabaly making a new game
I seriously doubt that they are already making a new game while their first game is still in early access.

The reason that they are taking longer with each update is probably that the game is getting more and more complex and therefore things such as optimizations are a lot more work.
surprisingly, i didn't find bug, and this game perfectly optimized.

mods however, creating long time to load factorio, but that was not a serious problem for now.

Return to “General discussion”