I am impatient

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I am impatient

Post by Jap2.0 »

Hellatze wrote:
Tekky wrote:
Hellatze wrote:
Avezo wrote:I recall in one of friday facts there was mention about 0.15 being released around february 2017. It is march now. I am mad. I just had to let it out.
They will release it next year.
Are you aware that the message you quoted was about version 0.15 which has already been released many months ago?

Hellatze wrote:I dont think they will adding more worthy Feature for a while. They probabaly making a new game
I seriously doubt that they are already making a new game while their first game is still in early access.

The reason that they are taking longer with each update is probably that the game is getting more and more complex and therefore things such as optimizations are a lot more work.
surprisingly, i didn't find bug, and this game perfectly optimized.

mods however, creating long time to load factorio, but that was not a serious problem for now.
If the game is perfectly optimized, how can they make it 2.5x (and counting) or whatever faster for 0.16?

Also, you should be glad they support mods in thed first place. Some games don't.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Hellatze wrote:
Tekky wrote:
Hellatze wrote:
Avezo wrote:I recall in one of friday facts there was mention about 0.15 being released around february 2017. It is march now. I am mad. I just had to let it out.
They will release it next year.
Are you aware that the message you quoted was about version 0.15 which has already been released many months ago?

Hellatze wrote:I dont think they will adding more worthy Feature for a while. They probabaly making a new game
I seriously doubt that they are already making a new game while their first game is still in early access.

The reason that they are taking longer with each update is probably that the game is getting more and more complex and therefore things such as optimizations are a lot more work.
surprisingly, i didn't find bug, and this game perfectly optimized.

mods however, creating long time to load factorio, but that was not a serious problem for now.
If the game is perfectly optimized, how can they make it 2.5x (and counting) or whatever faster for 0.16?

Also, you should be glad they support mods in thed first place. Some games don't.
Mods are obligation for sandbox games.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Hellatze wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
Hellatze wrote: surprisingly, i didn't find bug, and this game perfectly optimized.

Mods are obligation for sandbox games.
They are in no way. The developers are doing you a courtosy by implementing support in-game. Let's take Miecraft as an example. That is certainly a sandbox game. from the Wikipedia article:
Wikipedia wrote:...neither the console versions of the game nor the Windows 10 edition can be modded.
Wikipedia wrote:All of these modifications to the PC version of Minecraft are possible because programmers can capitalize on Minecraft's source code which was written in Java.
Note that this means that it is not officially supported.
Wikipedia wrote:The official stance of Mojang with regards to the modding phenomenon is that they do not officially support modding...

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

minecraft mod exist.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Hellatze wrote:minecraft mod exist.
The point isn't that they exist, it's that the developers don't support them. The Factorio developers do support mods (and if they didn't, they probably wouldn't exist, for several resons).

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FactorioParadox »

Jap2.0 wrote:
The point isn't that they exist, it's that the developers don't support them. The Factorio developers do support mods (and if they didn't, they probably wouldn't exist, for several resons).
Well, I wouldn't say it's that they don't support them so much so as it is that by the time they had the resources and human-power to work on an API that the community already beat them to it, though I will point out that they are building an API for their C++ version of the game. Aside from that, I do get your point.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

FactorioParadox wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
Well, I wouldn't say it's that they don't support them so much so as it is that by the time they had the resources and human-power to work on an API that the community already beat them to it, though I will point out that they are building an API for their C++ version of the game. Aside from that, I do get your point.
Yes - I did gloss over that somewhat (and I do get your point - I have heard of a future modding API, which I think would be especially important to modders because the C++ version would be a lot harder to "hack" so to speak to make mods - even for the Java version it would be so much more secure); however the point was to explain the Hetzalze that just because you're making a sandbox game doesn't mean you have to support mods.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Jap2.0 wrote:
The point isn't that they exist, it's that the developers don't support them.
Right.
They just randomly happened to hire a bunch of modders to make a modding API for them and to help make modding easier in general.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

hoho wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
Right.
They just randomly happened to hire a bunch of modders to make a modding API for them and to help make modding easier in general.
That was, what, in the last couple months? And Mincraft 1.0 was released, what, like 6 years ago? It sounds like a feature they're adding.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Jap2.0 wrote:
hoho wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
Right.
That was, what, in the last couple months? And Mincraft 1.0 was released, what, like 6 years ago? It sounds like a feature they're adding.
What feature?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

They are adding Minecraft an official API for modding, which means that mods will be officially supported in Minecraft. (instead of what's been since the beginning of Minecraft, where mods were more or less hacked into the game).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Jap2.0 wrote:
hoho wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
Right.
No, it was several years ago. These people have been working on it since around 1.7. Searge, the guy who effectively made it possible to mod MC in the first place, has been working with them since 2014.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

hoho wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
hoho wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
Right.
No, it was several years ago. These people have been working on it since around 1.7. Searge, the guy who effectively made it possible to mod MC in the first place, has been working with them since 2014.
Sorry guys, I don't really feel like arguing about this. The main point I was trying to make is that supporting mods is not an obligation to all developers of sandbox games.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Jap2.0 wrote:[...]
Sorry guys, I don't really feel like arguing about this. The main point I was trying to make is that supporting mods is not an obligation to all developers of sandbox games.
FTFY :)

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Koub wrote:
Sorry guys, I don't really feel like arguing about this. The main point I was trying to make is that supporting mods is not an obligation to all developers of games.

FrodoOf9Fingers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrodoOf9Fingers »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Koub wrote:
Sorry guys, I don't really feel like arguing about this. The main point I was trying to make is that supporting mods is not an obligation to all developers of games.

quineotio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quineotio »

FrodoOf9Fingers wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
Koub wrote:
Sorry guys, I really feel like arguing. The main point is supporting mods is an obligation.
FTFY? :P

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] I think we're done fixing things, guys, back to topic please :)

quineotio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quineotio »

No fun allowed?

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Koub wrote:[Koub] I think we're done fixing things, guys, back to topic please :)
Yes, let's get back to topic! This thread is reserved for people to express their impatience waiting for the next version of the game. So:

I can't wait for the release of version 0.16! And I also can't wait for the next Factorio Friday Facts on the development progress on the release of 0.16!

I am impatient!!! :)

Return to “General discussion”