need help deciding what to do

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
tigar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

need help deciding what to do

Post by tigar »

If this is in the wrong section please move it

So i have played dozens of maps made loads of different contraptions and what not and quite frankly i have run out of idea's on what to build but my lust for factorio remains so i have come here to ask everyone for idea's on what i should build no matter what it is so long as it is viable to do so

If i do end up getting around to building what people suggest i will post up pictures of it/blueprints

mod list attached as its over 150 mods
http://pastebin.com/tu4XpeJf

Tym
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: need help deciding what to do

Post by Tym »

There are interesting video series on YouTube about different scenarios that other power users are doing to keep things interesting. Judging by the ongoing in-video commentary, two that are challenging are 'Building Platforms', and the various 'no-belts' challenges. The first limits where you can build non-transportation components, and the others are more self-explanatory.

Basically, you should look at which technologies your current style of gameplay relies upon, and do a game -without- it. Such should ratchet up your problem-solving abilities.

eViLegion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: need help deciding what to do

Post by eViLegion »

I'm totally inspired by NiftyManiac's Grey Goo at the moment, and trying to create my own version with a few upgrades.
It's going to take me a long time to complete, so that should be many more hours of pulling-my-own-hair-out style fun! You could give something like that a go.

The other thing I'm trying to do, for my own purposes, is alter the amazing Factorissimo mod to allow for circuit network support. If you've got any coding skill, or fancy picking some up, you could have a crack at modding.

Return to “General discussion”