Griefers Griefers Griefers

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Anyone
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Griefers Griefers Griefers

Post by Anyone »

All I want, is 1 day without griefers. Please make it happen.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Griefers Griefers Griefers

Post by Koub »

Play solo
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Anyone
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anyone »

Playing solo is extremely boring and I'm learning a lot from multiplayer games. There should be actions taken against griefers. 1 player is enough to mess up everything for 10~20 others. When they are done in our game, they just ruin the next. Players that keep griefing should have their online capabilities revoked and limited to direct access.

Multiplayer is the only reason I still play.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Anyone wrote:Playing solo is extremely boring and I'm learning a lot from multiplayer games. There should be actions taken against griefers. 1 player is enough to mess up everything for 10~20 others. When they are done in our game, they just ruin the next. Players that keep griefing should have their online capabilities revoked and limited to direct access.

Multiplayer is the only reason I still play.
Be part of a somewhat closed community or group helps a lot.

Anyone
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anyone »

I joined IRC but there's not much going on there. I like to play vanilla due to the hassle of mods and online play. I've tried playing a private server but with 5 people, it's hard to get more than 2 online at the same time. I like servers with 10+ people online. If I can't find any, I won't even bother playing. When I do find some, there's usually a bunch of griefers ruining everything.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

limit the players to 1 or 2 besides yourself. find people you can trust and group up.
preferably close to your own time zone.

Anyone
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anyone »

If I limit it to 2 people, I won't see a game with 10~25 people :(

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

i'm saying set it to 2 players. make friends, then add the number of players.
limit random players to 1 so you can kick/ban if needed.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

There is a lot of stuff going on in discord and the different communities over there, which are all more or less administrated.

Anyone
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anyone »

Joined a game, some guy instantly starts griefing. I join another game, same guy joins and already removed the steam engines leading to a power failure. How are people like this still allowed in online mode?!

Nich
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nich »

Does the ban list get saved for each game? perhaps server admins need to start using a shared ban list/database? Man that would suck if you were accidentally added to the list or even worse then griefers start just trying to get innocent people added to the ban list. Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Last edited by Nich on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

i don't trust lists created by other members. if i see first hand someone griefing, they get the ban hammer.

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

My nick has been previously used by some griefer and I was insta-banned a couple of times already...

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

any good server will have this enabled.

Code: Select all

"require_user_verification": true,
it prevents banned users from just changing their multi-player name and coming back.

the devs let you change your name once.
i would hope they wouldn't allow a name to be used by a second user, after the first changes their name.

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

impetus maximus wrote: i would hope they wouldn't allow a name to be used by a second user, after the first changes their name.
They do allow. Unfortunately.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Set a password for your server?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

If you set your game to get always latest release, you can try TNT explosivgaming.nl or something like that server, server owner tweaked it so new players can't use deconstruction planner and lot of other things to grief, you can do more as you play the map longer and dont' do anything bad. There is a lot of admins available too to ban griefers asap.

OdinYggd
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OdinYggd »

Unfortunately the biggest way to encourage griefers to continue doing what they do is to cry about it and go on rants demanding something be done about griefing.

They've ruined your day and made you cry. That is what they set out to do from the start.

There have been talks before of community blacklists and the like to control the griefing problem, but such discussions almost always get derailed into ways such a list can be abused- especially abused by griefers as a whole new avenue for griefing.

Pretty much there is nothing that can be done to prevent griefing without majorly inconveniencing legitimate players. The only way to stop them is to have a strong community on the server with multiple admins for round the clock coverage.
In my mind, Steam is the eternal king of the railway.

SmotPokin42000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SmotPokin42000 »

Pause the game, and keep it paused. You'll need admins who are on most of the time, but it's quite effective. Griefers have to do their business while an admin is online, and the majority of griefers are too lazy to do so discretely. Even those who are discrete have to share the server with an admin, and thus be that much more likely to be caught.

A griefer blacklist is possible, it'll require very strict standards on submissions to prevent abuse. Ideally, submissions will need to be screenshots catching people in the act, with something to prove it was them. Also, there will need to be 2(subject to change) or more submissions to get someone on the blacklist. Additionally, the list could be curated by multiple people.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

The griefer goes to own surface, that will be destroyed when he's don't play on it. Leaving, afk or too low production. When admin come, he can ban or return griefer to normal surface.

Return to “General discussion”