Refinery

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ogregeek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Refinery

Post by ogregeek »

I keep running into this problem- my oil refineries seem to stop producing. I checked all connections, and there is plenty of room for light/heavy/petroleum gas being used/held in tanks. I manually start the refinery, but then it stops after the initial cycle. Any help would be great!
Attachments
Refinery.png
Refinery.png (755.82 KiB) Viewed 4107 times

DarkenDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Refinery

Post by DarkenDragon »

Without seeing the entire design its hard to say what the issue really is. The only reason for the refinery would stop working is if it runs out of oil, or there is not enough power in your network, or your output is full. Take a look at the refinery itself and see if it has input and if it is the correct input, (i see you have water connected but your not using advanced oil so its not needed though i doubt it would let water in) if theres one of the fluid output still in there.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Unused inputs/outputs should auto-disconnect in this version, right?

theit8514
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theit8514 »

MF- wrote:Unused inputs/outputs should auto-disconnect in this version, right?
I believe by "unused" they're talking about recipes like Plastic where there is no output defined for the pipe. In this case, all outputs have a valid pipe and thus the pipes connect.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

theit8514 wrote:
MF- wrote:Unused inputs/outputs should auto-disconnect in this version, right?
I believe by "unused" they're talking about recipes like Plastic where there is no output defined for the pipe. In this case, all outputs have a valid pipe and thus the pipes connect.
Exactly. If you have chemical plant that produces for instance explosives, then the outputs will not connect to other pipes.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

the best way to get a fix for you is to post a save game (use 1 of the free filehosting site)

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

why does it look like there's water in one of your output pipes?

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

okay, what i noticed was that even though you have basic refining recipe you have it set up for advanced oil processing.
now i KNOW that IRL adding water to things like that at the wrong part could ruin the process, BUT in the game could the incorrect starting input affect it at all?

if the answer is no then it makes perfect sense to set it up like that so you don't need to re-make the refinery when changing to adv processing, but maybe try disconnecting the last pipe to each refinery and see what happens?

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

I have had the same issue quite a few times. After spending some time looking at mine what I have always found is something that is using resources isn't using it as fast as it can be made causing a backup. Storage tanks in between can help early on saving your heavy / light for when you get advanced processing etc. If you're plastic sulfur production output is full they will stop running causing a backup as well.

HTH

Return to “General discussion”