Development after indiegogo

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Xisuma
Inserter
Inserter

Development after indiegogo

Post by Xisuma »

Note: more of a question than an idea, but an idea if it hasn't been considered.
I've been unable to find this information, but after the indiegogo campaign can u continue selling the game? The multi player goal is 22K which looks unlikely atm, but surely you will be able to continue selling copies after the fund raiser. Wouldn't continued sales go towards funding MP development?

Blackmoor
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Development after indiegogo

Post by Blackmoor »

Xisuma wrote:Note: more of a question than an idea, but an idea if it hasn't been considered.
I've been unable to find this information, but after the indiegogo campaign can u continue selling the game? The multi player goal is 22K which looks unlikely atm, but surely you will be able to continue selling copies after the fund raiser. Wouldn't continued sales go towards funding MP development?
They are continuing to sell the game. Why wouldn't they?

All new pre-orders will continue to fund the project and they will sell the finished product to new customers as well.

The Indiegog campaign raised 19k... so I am sure they could raise more if they wanted to.

Ween
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ween »

The question has already been answered on another part of the forum (general discussion I think). They intent to make a direct to sale part (as you have on minecraft for instance !!!). This way they can raise money without any intermediate taking its share (indiegogo, it is not for free :p).

Here you can find the corresponding discussion : https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... p?f=5&t=16
---<@

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We will do it the way you would probably expect us to do.
As long as we have enough money to continue the development we will try to do our best to implement features that we indicated in our stretch goals.
You probably understand, that we are looking forward to see these features even more than you are :)

Return to “General discussion”