My Experience with Factorio.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Valderg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

My Experience with Factorio.

Post by Valderg »

Hello,

First off i would like to say, at the moment im high as hell due to pain medication so if this is in the wrong section i apologize.

Now that that is out of the way i can get into the real stuff.

When i first saw Factorio i was quite intrigued. It immediately made me think about C&C (Command & Conquer) due to the type of graphics and the eagle eye type of view. After watching a few videos i was interested, but concerned on how a game about litterally constantly working trying to fix things and make them better would be "fun". So instinctually i found a crack for it on the web. I then started to play a little bit and sunk about 16 hours into the game. I am a software developer by trade so once i read up on the modding systems i started to delve into that as well(I love it by the way!). Needless to say after quite a while of using the "free" version i obtained, i now own the normal package and on my next paycheck am upgrading to higher teirs of the game(because i love it so much lol).

I am quite impressed with how such a simple concept of a game can provide me HOURS of fun. I also started playing Path of Exile the same way.

i played a little bit then after i got my wits about, donated to get the survivor pack. This game reminds me an aweful lot of Minecraft in the fact that the base game is fun, but gets boring after a while, then the modding community will make it explode. Currently i am working on a mod for the Nuclear Power industry, where you can mine uranium up and use it for power, hopefully use it to fuel possibly a partical accelerator to make antimatter for missiles or something. Who knows. Maybe i could add harder aliens that would require high artillery to destroy, like an alien citadel.
Uranium Information
But I digress. I have just now started using the forums, so i don't know what the staff or even the community is like. I can say however i am greatly impressed with how Factorio is moving along. Can't wait to see how this game expands and im hoping to be there all the way. Keep up the hard work fellas, you're doing a good job.

Cheers,
Jonathon

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: My Experience with Factorio.

Post by JackGruff »

You know, it's funny, much of the map that you see when you zoom out the furthest in the map view goes unused unless you set ore generation to be sparse; you just don't need to go _that_ far to finish freeplay.

With your ideas, I'm imagining these alien bases that are extremely far from your starting point and are so well defended that you would need to bombard them from orbit (launch site for navsats and rockets, anyone?). The possibilities are endless.

MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: My Experience with Factorio.

Post by MtNak »

Welcome! :)

The idea about the nuclear energy and bigger bitters or cities of them sounds quite good! Hope to play it one day :)
Search the forums to your needs and you will find a loving community here.

Have a nice day and hope you get better of that pain.

Return to “General discussion”