Map Editor question ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Anexgohan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Map Editor question ?

Post by Anexgohan »

Hi guys,
I have a simple question, after have a lot of fun and 100's of hours of gameplay, I wanted to have a little fun and make some custom maps.
My question is this how do I load up my save game in the in game map editor.
I did try to copy-paste the save file in the proper folder for the map editor, But when I load that in the map editor everything gets randomized. So, whats the proper way of opening my save file in the Map Editor so it does not get randomized ?

Thanx all for any help and special thankyou to the developers of this awesome game this is the most fun I have got out of any game in a long long while.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Map Editor question ?

Post by ssilk »

https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... le=Modding

But the options are currently broken. In general look into the save of a map and compare that with the save of a game.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Anexgohan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Map Editor question ?

Post by Anexgohan »

Hey,
Thank you ssilk, that was exactly I was looking for, beautiful how simple it is.

For anyone else who wants to open their save game in the in-game map editor do as follows:

For this let us assume the save game name is "s1.zip" which is located under "C:\Users\Anex\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves" and your factorio.exe is located in "E:\Games\Factorio\bin\x64\Factorio.exe" your path may be different from mine so change accordingly

Open run prompt (Windows key + r) and enter E:\Games\Factorio\bin\x64\Factorio.exe --map2scenario s1
* change the path as needed
press Enter, now Factorio should load up and open the save file and should save the blueprint of your save in the scenario folder in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\scenarios"

Now just load up Factorio again and open the Map Editor and your converted save should be listed under User Scenarios, just select and load, have fun Editing.

Return to “General discussion”