Conveyor Belts + Electricity

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Pinkishu
Inserter
Inserter

Conveyor Belts + Electricity

Post by Pinkishu »

So yeah, why exactly do Conveyor Belts run without electricity? :3

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Conveyor Belts + Electricity

Post by syneris »

Built in solar panels that only provide enough power to run itself. They are able to store just enough energy to make it through the night.

wastedfate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wastedfate »

I want to modify them so they use electricity, and so that only one piece of the belt needs to be connected to the grid, as the entire belt would be wired. :3

Pinkishu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pinkishu »

wastedfate wrote:I want to modify them so they use electricity, and so that only one piece of the belt needs to be connected to the grid, as the entire belt would be wired. :3
Yeah they should pass on electricity to adjacent belts :3
syneris wrote:Built in solar panels that only provide enough power to run itself. They are able to store just enough energy to make it through the night.
Nice try, doesn't explain why they start working at night when you place them at night :D

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

Pinkishu wrote:
syneris wrote:Built in solar panels that only provide enough power to run itself. They are able to store just enough energy to make it through the night.
Nice try, doesn't explain why they start working at night when you place them at night :D
Let's say they use thermal energy from the ground, then. 8-)

Actually I think it's rather nice that they do not have to be powered. Would be a big hazzle when trying to connect all those tiny belt pieces in the more complex designs.
It wouldn't be terrible if they had to be powered though, as long as only one connected piece of each belt is enough.

Return to “General discussion”