Unwanted Achievements

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Grimakar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Unwanted Achievements

Post by Grimakar »

Hi,
I am really having fun doing the achievements in Factorio and I am still working on it.

But there is a problem. Once I was interested in the "Browse Public Games", to see what others are doing, when suddenly the achievement windows popped up, I guess about 3-5 times.

Awesome, I wanted to do the achievements myself.

I really wished there was a possibility to reset the achievements, cause it really annoys me. Maybe it would be a good idea to deactivate achievements in multiplayer or find another solution.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Unwanted Achievements

Post by kovarex »

Grimakar wrote:Hi,
I am really having fun doing the achievements in Factorio and I am still working on it.

But there is a problem. Once I was interested in the "Browse Public Games", to see what others are doing, when suddenly the achievement windows popped up, I guess about 3-5 times.

Awesome, I wanted to do the achievements myself.

I really wished there was a possibility to reset the achievements, cause it really annoys me. Maybe it would be a good idea to deactivate achievements in multiplayer or find another solution.
If you don't play on steam, you can simply delete the achievements.dat to deactivate them.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

If you do play on Steam, deleting that file will still reset the in-game achievements right?
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:If you do play on Steam, deleting that file will still reset the in-game achievements right?
If you play on steam, your achievements from steam will be transferred to the local achievements data once you start the game.
The only solution at this state would be to add Clear achievements button (with a big notification), that would also clear it on steam.

But to the original problem, yes we were thinking about adding a condition that you spend more than 50% time on a multiplayer map to be able to get achievements on it, we just never made it.

Grimakar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Grimakar »

kovarex wrote:
Deadly-Bagel wrote:If you do play on Steam, deleting that file will still reset the in-game achievements right?
If you play on steam, your achievements from steam will be transferred to the local achievements data once you start the game.
The only solution at this state would be to add Clear achievements button (with a big notification), that would also clear it on steam.

But to the original problem, yes we were thinking about adding a condition that you spend more than 50% time on a multiplayer map to be able to get achievements on it, we just never made it.
Please make it :D
Or maybe someone has another smart idea. Maybe ingame the achievements have a mark, where they or when they were solved or even if they are done, that they still log what you are doing. I am thinking of some sort of highscore. Did I do the spoon or lazy achievement, yes, but what was my fastest. Or how often did they thank me for the fish. That way it would be more like a quest or challenge. You even could submit the highscores online, so that players could compare: "Wah, I am the fastest."

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

kovarex wrote:The only solution at this state would be to add Clear achievements button (with a big notification), that would also clear it on steam.
That would be very helpful! Perhaps we could choose which achievements we were to clear? I would just like to remove the ones I got without putting any effort in on random servers. :)
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

i suggest everyone who wants to do achievements on their own should download the zip package and use that online.
wish i had done that when someone got me killed by a train online. :x wasn't planning on getting that one.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Can we have them split up into single-player and multiplayer?

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

kovarex wrote:

I like to just re-earn them again without needing to reset them totally. It's kind fun to see what you earned during that save for example.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I was thinking it would be cool to replay something like Lazy Bastard, there isn't any other indication I'm aware of for how many handcrafts you've done.

Maybe if you pin a non-global achievement you already have, it remains the "unlocked" colour but allows you to earn it again in the current game. You could even add a few achievements like "Earn X, Y and Z achievements in the same game" for some additional complexity, ideally ones that make each other more difficult like Lazy Bastard and No Time For Chitchat (not even sure if that's possible but you get the idea).
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

kovarex wrote:The only solution at this state would be to add Clear achievements button (with a big notification), that would also clear it on steam.
Are you sure it is possible to clear achivements on steam?
Everytime I've googled about it I could only find something about an obscure program that could possibly do it, but with the very high risk of breaking them also.
I think it's only possible to enable an achievement, not to disable it anymore, not even for the devellopers of the game.
The only thing that might be possible (but I haven't searched for it yet) is that the develloper would mark all achievements as obsolete and make new ones with different id's in the official 1.0 release.

halcyonforever
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by halcyonforever »

Just as a corollary:

I play on a multiplayer server but it's really a single player game. I just like being able to switch computers/locations and not have to transfer save games.

(On a side note, I finished all research 0.14 on the server but did not get the achievement for it. doh)

Return to “General discussion”