Is .14 more buggy than .13?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Rinin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Is .14 more buggy than .13?

Post by Rinin »

According to news every new .14 patch solves a lot of old bugs, even from .13 version. So is vanila .13 actually more stable than "experemental" .14? Because in .13 I faces problems with trains every 2-5 hours, and this bugs seems solved for .14. But because .14 called experimental I was assuming that it has more bugs.

So what version is more stable right now?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is .14 more buggy than .13?

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I have only ever encountered a single crash in Factorio, and i was while I was playing with signals in sandbox mode. Thinking back on it, I was trying to reproduce a crash at the time where you did something like linked a train signal to a power pole, then removed the signal and used a robot to remove the pole. Pretty obscure.

Most of the bugs are to do with multiplayer because that was the big feature of 0.14, however 0.14 has much better multiplayer regardless so yeah I'd recommend upgrading.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

See also viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35424#p219672 and following...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

bk5115545
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bk5115545 »

0.13 is officially considered stable but 0.14 is stable enough to have several playthroughs with only very edge case downsides.
I recommend updating to 0.14 because it has so many "nice" features. It also runs a lot faster for me.

You can always make a backup of your save and reinstall 0.13 if you don't like 0.14 so there's no loss in trying it out.

Return to “General discussion”