Sleepless night

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
krux02
Inserter
Inserter

Sleepless night

Post by krux02 »

I have to share this story with you, how my first 24 hours of Factorio have passed. I came home and was already very tired, because the night before I did not sleep very well, because I spent all the night at a party (with uncomfortable sleeping opportunities). But back home I started my computer for to do Skyping and read emails that I might have missed in the time I was offline. I was already very tired and wanted to go to bed, but then for some reason I saw this trailler of Factorio and I thought I should try that, just a few minutes before finally going to bed. Then I played the demo all the way to the end (way to much time already) and I instantly bought the game. Then I thought "hmm I already spent money then I want at least start it once and see what might be different". The result was that at some point I heard the birds outside and the sun raising. :? "shit now I really need to go to bed, just finish this construction" It did not happen just continued to play straight to the evening without sleep, without food. 19:28 hours straight (that's my playtime right now). During the end the music started to make me feel dizzy, because it was the same all over the time. It was a very weired feeling that I said this has to end now. Even the next morning was weired because I thought, "wow I lost a whole day, it is tuesday already". I should have been in the university, but I was not.

All I can say about this game is just wow. That is a game I always wanted. And damn you developers you made woke up my video game addiction that I already thought to be gone.

Okami
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Sleepless night

Post by Okami »

Haha, nice Story.

This game should need a weapon license. My daily sleep consumption has shrunk to about 3hrs a day since i own it ;)
But there is alway this one thing you need to do before going to bed...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I feel proud and guilty at the same time :)

Mag1cWalker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mag1cWalker »

Love your story :)

Factorio will be one big HIT one day...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=1438

That was one of those nights I had this problem.
And I needed to work!

Now I have an app which tells me time every 30 minutes. That helped. A bit.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

badminton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by badminton »

It definitely has that Civilization quality about it.
Only instead of 'one more turn' it's 'I'll just tweak/add/research this, it'll only take a minute...'

In my first couple of days playing I started a new base every time I got a research beaker automated.
Get the red ones done; I can do better *starts over*
Get the green ones done; I can do better *starts over*
Get the blue ones done (eventually); awesome now I'll do it properly *starts over*
:lol:

Even a factory I've been working on for 20-30 hours I have no issue with abandoning as long as I feel like I've learned how to do something better.

undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by undeadnightorc »

I hear so many cases like this about this game. I myself tend to play Factorio in huge 6+hour chunks. When I first picked up this game last week I played 10 hours straight! That hasn't happened to me in a game for a long time (I think the last time I played a game for 6 hours straight was back in my WoW days).

RMJ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RMJ »

Just think about when multiplayer comes. The creations. suddenly play together, and learn from each other :P oh man lol.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

Oh man, I am so glad I am not the only one :D Factorio utterly ruined my sleep rhythm in the last few days; when i play and build, i don't seem to really get that tired. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is a pretty "intelligent" game. It's not overly complicated, but it's very complex, and you think a LOT while playing it. I tend to get sleepy much faster when i play a stupid and repetitive clicker like Diablo. Factorio is the exact opposite (which is funny when you think about how long you need to build one single factory...).

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

GewaltSam wrote:Oh man, I am so glad I am not the only one :D Factorio utterly ruined my sleep rhythm in the last few days; when i play and build, i don't seem to really get that tired. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is a pretty "intelligent" game. It's not overly complicated, but it's very complex, and you think a LOT while playing it. I tend to get sleepy much faster when i play a stupid and repetitive clicker like Diablo. Factorio is the exact opposite (which is funny when you think about how long you need to build one single factory...).
Interesting. For me, playing the game is exhausting the same way making it is. Or maybe even more. Keeping the focus and attention for 5-6 hours straight is a lot. Usually during that time I don't feel being tired or sleepy, but afterwards I am completely destroyed :D

Tenebrous
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tenebrous »

Same with me really. The last few nights I've been sat adjusting my factories and stuff and all of a sudden it's 1am!

Maybe we should raise that as a bug. :P

RMJ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RMJ »

Tenebrous wrote:Same with me really. The last few nights I've been sat adjusting my factories and stuff and all of a sudden it's 1am!

Maybe we should raise that as a bug. :P
You know. kinda like many MMO's has an ingame clock and alarm, that wouldn be bad to have in factorio. But then again, its times spend he could work on something else.

krux02
Inserter
Inserter

Post by krux02 »

Somehow it is awesome to hear that you have similar experiences. Can't wait to have a multiplayer. I don't really care how it is implemented, even hot seat with multiple mice like in "World of Goo" (linux) or Settlers 2 would be awesome.

nepp95
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nepp95 »

Woops. Went playing till 2:54 AM :oops:
Forgot I had to do some work as well so was up till 5 :cry:

webkilla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by webkilla »

Same deal here basically...

Started playing after breakfast - looked at the clock... "Hmmm, its 5 in the afternoon already? Oh crap, I should eat lunch!" - "Wait, its almost 10 in the evening... fuck, need to grab some dinner!"

This game is cruel and evil

....I can't stop

help

Ric
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ric »

Hours since purchase=80

Hours of factorio played=39

lol...Whoops :P
"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it's half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by undeadnightorc »

I haven't deleted any of my saved games since I purchased the alpha - each one holds a record of how many hours I spent playing. I'm kinda scared to add it all up one day. One save shows 18 hours spent on it.... holy...

RMJ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RMJ »

Its the hallmark of a good game :) when you forget to do you other duties, eat, drink or even go to the toilet or get your sleep haha.

From now on when i play Factorio. i set my mobile alarm for like 2 hours lol.

Return to “General discussion”