Need help getting Solaris achievement

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ranger203
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Need help getting Solaris achievement

Post by ranger203 »

I've made maps with 4K solar panels and 3.5K accumulators, removed all steam engines, yet I still cannot get this achievement. How does one get the achievement Solaris? Please help

-Ranger203

rolfl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Need help getting Solaris achievement

Post by rolfl »

You actually have to use the energy, it can't just sit idle. Having the capacity to produce the energy is not the same as actually producing it...

So, build up a whole lot of electric furnaces, throw in some beacons, and actually use the power.

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Having trouble with the same "Solaris" achievement. How many solar panels do I need to get it? Lets calculate.

10GJ / hour = 10 000 000 000 J / 3 600 sec = 2 777 777 J/sec = 2 777 777 W

Each solar panel produces 60kW. So

2 777 777 W / 60kW = 2 777 777 W / 60 000 W = 46

Lets double this number to take night time in account, though night lasts less than half of an ingame day. So we have 92 panels. I have now about 300 solar panels working long enough with full load and still no achievement. Where am I getting it wrong?

saturn7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by saturn7 »

I got the achivement only with about 8k solar panels (and coal/nuclear power running too meanwhile), though I have no idea why.

ftbreizhbugs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ftbreizhbugs »

Wakaba-chan wrote:Having trouble with the same "Solaris" achievement. How many solar panels do I need to get it? Lets calculate.
10GJ / hour = 10 000 000 000 J / 3 600 sec = 2 777 777 J/sec = 2 777 777 W
Each solar panel produces 60kW. So
2 777 777 W / 60kW = 2 777 777 W / 60 000 W = 46
Lets double this number to take night time in account, though night lasts less than half of an ingame day. So we have 92 panels. I have now about 300 solar panels working long enough with full load and still no achievement.
Where am I getting it wrong?
Did you follow the achievement window? Is it still doable? Did you use console/mod (that disable achievments...)

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

ftbreizhbugs wrote:Did you follow the achievement window? Is it still doable? Did you use console/mod (that disable achievments...)
Yes, it's still available. No console commands, no mods in this save. I'm getting other achievements, but not this one.
Attachments
20170504191230_1.jpg
20170504191230_1.jpg (666.46 KiB) Viewed 21579 times

Durentis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durentis »

You have to have no steam engine production whatsoever (not just no steam engines currently) within a full hour of solar panels producing 10GJ, iirc. And I mean a full hour even if your panels can hit the number in a minute. Open your electric network window and select the 1h time frame to verify.

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nemostein »

Durentis wrote:You have to have no steam engine production whatsoever (not just no steam engines currently) within a full hour of solar panels producing 10GJ, iirc. And I mean a full hour even if your panels can hit the number in a minute. Open your electric network window and select the 1h time frame to verify.
Wow!!! Does this also apply to other time related achievements (e.g.: Circuit veteran, Iron throne etc)?
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

Tubig
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tubig »

nemostein wrote:
Durentis wrote:You have to have no steam engine production whatsoever (not just no steam engines currently) within a full hour of solar panels producing 10GJ, iirc. And I mean a full hour even if your panels can hit the number in a minute. Open your electric network window and select the 1h time frame to verify.
Wow!!! Does this also apply to other time related achievements (e.g.: Circuit veteran, Iron throne etc)?
No, and Solaris might not take a full hour either. It depends on your consumption as well as your production.

If you have produced 400k Iron in the last 5 mintues, then it is also true that you have produced 400k Iron in the past hour. But if are not consuming enough iron to keep your furnaces busy, it may be hard to achieve that goal even if you have enough furnaces to output that much.

There is no requirement for the Solaris to take a full hour either. It just depends on how fast you are producing power. In order to achieve Solaris there is an implied requirement that you also consume 10 GJ during that hour. Disabling steam power might help achieve the goal sooner as it would allow your accumulators to discharge overnight, providing additional draw on the solar panels the following day.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

This achievement seems to trigger when you produce this amount on solar in a continuous burst - using no other power sources. I think even batteries count as a different power source. It can take a while before it trigger. I've had it trigger for me when I had a large base with a huge solar farm (1500 units) and laser defenses engaging enemies at various points during daytime. It's easy enough to do if you power a megafactory primarily by solar. Keep in mind that if you do retain a steam backup with powerswitch and switch that off, that you should feed the boilers with Burner inserters to prevent the stalled steamengines from having a minor power draw. Burners don't draw anything while idle.

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Oh, I finally got it!
Indeed, no steam engines should be enabled during last hour. BUT nuclear reactors and turbines does not count! Maybe one could even replace steam engines with turbines for a while and it would count? I don't know. Anyway, I got this achievement with only 317 solar panels ;) It does not require much of them.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (549.05 KiB) Viewed 21378 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (420.29 KiB) Viewed 21378 times

Return to “General discussion”