Hidden gem!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Mag1cWalker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Hidden gem!

Post by Mag1cWalker »

First i want to say hello, and now to the point :)

How is this even possible?
Sandbox/survival games is my favorite genre, i try to follow every sandbox game on planet, yet apparently i failed! :D
Today i saw some video on youtube featuring Factorio. I was stunned
Ever since my childhood i loved those old strategy games with pretty neat detailed 2D graphic, so when i saw Factorio i instantly fall in love with art style. A questions comes to mind, "where did this game come from", "how happend that i missed it" etc...
Well after doing some research i find out those astronomical possibilities Factorio offer i was stunned once again, and this game is around for more than year :o And after some more research, i noticed that this game is made in Czech Republic, well i live in czech republic too.
That was final blow! What an irony.
Years, i looking for sandbox game that suits me, after trying many, many games i was never really satisfied. And then, near perfect game in full development is right under my nose :D

Expect my full support (after payday :) )
I wish to devs and this community great luck!

czech gibberish incoming

Ahoj
Po vejplatě, vám na učtě přistane pár eur k dobru, dost možná i těch pětatřicet. :D
Hodně štěstí ve vývoji a zdravím z Karlových Varů :)

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Hidden gem!

Post by LittleMikey »

I also just found this game from youtube! As somebody who loves games that feature automation like the Buildcraft mod for Minecraft I am amazed I didn't see this sooner!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for making me more happy :)

We are quite unknown now, but I hope it will change :)

Někdy bychom mohli udělat Factorio párty :)

lost57
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lost57 »

I found this on youtube too! Thanks to Quill18 and Malkasphia for their videos and getting me hooked. Such a great game and so much thought was put into it.

Suz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Suz »

Seriously I just found out about the game from the youtube, and then followed up on the demo, and bought the game in a timespan of 2 hours!

This game should really be advertised more, and perhaps on Steam too, I'd pay a few bucks extra if it was on steam + see it much sooner than I had seen it.

Anyway thanks for the 5hrs of entertainment so far :)

PS.
In progress of getting some friends hooked up

Mag1cWalker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mag1cWalker »

kovarex wrote:Thanks for making me more happy :)

We are quite unknown now, but I hope it will change :)

Factorio popularity will increase greatly in upcoming months, new trailer helps alot... Word spread quickly on internet :)

Párty by rozhodně nebyla na škodu :)

Dar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dar »

Yes I also just discovered this game a week or so before the trailer released (via quill18 video). I too am astonished this game flew under my radar for so long! Such an amazing game, keep up the great work devs! I bought Rimworld at the same time (for three times the price) but Factorio is just such a better product. I even find myself thinking of ways to make my factory more efficient before I fall asleep. Been a long time since a game has had that effect. Looking forward to the multiplayer addition :D

undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by undeadnightorc »

I vaguely remember seeing the first trailer on reddit a while back and then quickly forgetting about it. I think it had more to do with the graphics than the actual concept. I think it was seeing the original car being driven. It really did look like something a highschool student made with gamemaker, lol.

Fastforward to last week. I saw Quill18's LP and it really piqued my interest. I play a ton of openttd, Anno and other similar resource/industry building type games and this game looked like it captured the essence of what i liked about those games. I downloaded the demo, played the first tutorial and wanted more. Been playing the alpha ever since and can't stop playing it!

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

kovarex wrote:...

Ja jsem rozhodne taky pro. Prvni setkani jsem prosvihl, to jsem jeste nebyl v Praze, ted bych si to ujit nenechal.

Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Inzann »

I heard about this game not more then a week ago on reddit, boy did I miss out. I feel the same way you do, this game seems perfect and has everything I can ask for. I can't comprehend the fact that its been out this long and I haven't seen or heard about it even once. I think this game would be an instant hit was it released on steam. The only thing I feel is lacking right now is a bit more end game content, more biter variety (stronger/large hives?). I know this game isn't really about the combat but I'd like to see these things as well. ^^

RMJ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RMJ »

Inzann wrote:I heard about this game not more then a week ago on reddit, boy did I miss out. I feel the same way you do, this game seems perfect and has everything I can ask for. I can't comprehend the fact that its been out this long and I haven't seen or heard about it even once. I think this game would be an instant hit was it released on steam. The only thing I feel is lacking right now is a bit more end game content, more biter variety (stronger/large hives?). I know this game isn't really about the combat but I'd like to see these things as well. ^^
The internet is a mighty be place, its easy to miss stuff. Lets just be happy it somehow got funded!. imagine if it never got funded it might never even have gotten made. Thats a quite sad thought.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

RMJ wrote:The internet is a mighty be place, its easy to miss stuff. Lets just be happy it somehow got funded!. imagine if it never got funded it might never even have gotten made. Thats a quite sad thought.
We were so close to that. There was a point in time during the indiegogo campaign where we basically did threw in the towel and went for programming job interviews.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

I discovered Factorio a few days ago in a Rock, Paper, Shotgun news. I'm totally hooked since then :) Some friends of mine are building their factory right now, too. This game is simply great, and when you get the multiplayer right and release this jewel on Steam, you guys will shoot to the top of the sale charts over night, I'm pretty sure of it! This game has so much potential, and the trailer you just released is perfect :)

Maybe you could try to get some more coverage by RPS (I've seen them doing wonders for small but good indie projects), and you can't go wrong in sending some test versions out to the typical YouTube-Streamers. On top of my head I would try to get one to TotalBiscuit, Force Strategy Gaming and Jesse Cox. There are more of course, but those are some I'm watching, and i guess they have a good coverage and enough subsribers.

Keep on rolling!

gullfounder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gullfounder »

I found about this game 2 days a go. In my childhood i always dreamt of this of game. It was like dream came true. Game is lot of potential to it. also i notice the game can further be extended too. Like making space station start mining operation on asteroids, Space Logistics, Nuclear Power plant, Electric Fence. and list goes on and on.

But there are few bad things about it. Not on steam. Not many options to pay too. Less advertised.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

The game just "came out of the closet", so to speak. They did not advertise it so far, to get development to a better point (afaik). In their last blog post they wrote that they plan to release the game as finished product in summer 2015, so it's still pretty early in development. A steam release is on the map, and they just added some payment options. We're pretty much watching the beginning of something wonderful here :P

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

It's been in development for a year and a half, you're just late to the party (same as me actually).

So at this point it's definitely not early WIP, I'd rather categorize the current state as "steadily chugging towards completion" where it's well past the half of it's development cycle.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

Well, 3-5 years of development are pretty normal for a game. I sure know that it's been developed for a while now :) But you are right, I phrased that wrong. It's not that early in development, but it's still a while until release, so I meant to say this game is still young. Sure, we could have joined earlier, but I think we're far from "late to the party ";) Even multiplayer is missing, and that is a big thing for a game if you ask me :)

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

I just wanted to point out with all the comments about people wanting to see Factorio on Steam: I bought this game because it was available outside of Steam. If it had only been on Steam, I would have had to skip it.

Please do not remove the option to buy and run the game outside of Steam when the option to buy in Steam is added.

WiduX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WiduX »

I found this game on HyponotoadProductions' YouTube channel, and it looked really cool. Bought it after seeing the absolutely amazing trailer.

One of my absolute favourite things to do in Minecraft (using a FTB-style set of mods) was to build automated systems. This game takes that activity I loved to an entirely new level. I absolutely love it.

I highly recommend that once the devs feel they are ready, that this is put on Steam, as I probably would have found it sooner if it was on Steam.

To the devs: This game is amazing and I love what you're doing. Please continue working on it.

Greiss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Greiss »

Yep a factorio party would be great ;)

To bych si nechal líbit :D

Return to “General discussion”