Building Green Science Packs

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
dyslexicfurby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Building Green Science Packs

Post by dyslexicfurby »

I stumbled across this game the other day; played for an hour and immediately purchased it. I played for 18 hours straight on one map. But anyway, my question:
What is an efficient layout to use for building green science packs from raw materials? If possible I'd like to see what small scale (1 at a time?), medium scale, and large scale production looks like. I did have a small setup going but it only spat out green science packs rather slowly.

Bonus question: Repeat the above for blue science packs (Which I have not built any of yet!)

Thanks again

haunted_1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Building Green Science Packs

Post by haunted_1 »

18h straight? :shock:
although, thats my setup.
pic
It's enough to feed my 50 labs.

I use Tier 3 Speed modules on the assembler and Tier 3 Productivity modules on the labs (to save alien packs).

Blue packs looks similar of course.

dyslexicfurby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dyslexicfurby »

Wow that's complex. Would you happen to know of any layouts that are...smaller scale?

haunted_1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by haunted_1 »

Well, it seems complex yeah but its pretty modular. I just added the belt lines up when i researched something new. I also started with that kind of factory.

But, I currently dont have a save with smaller scale factories but there was thread where someone did an ultra small setup for every pack. Lemme search quick.
pic
Thats just crazy complex in my eyes :lol:

But i guess thats just for the nerds :geek: Learning by doing is something i really enjoyed in this game. Make up your mind to build your individual factory :ugeek:

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

I made a very compact layout that outputs one of each, red and green, every two seconds. You can upgrade the assembly lines to double the output. This should be enough for your research. You can add a couple of storage chests for buffering, so if you don't do any research or don't use green packs, production doesn't stop.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-22 um 21.36.26.png
Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-22 um 21.36.26.png (403.47 KiB) Viewed 15879 times

dyslexicfurby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dyslexicfurby »

Bleda wrote:I made a very compact layout that outputs one of each, red and green, every two seconds. You can upgrade the assembly lines to double the output. This should be enough for your research. You can add a couple of storage chests for buffering, so if you don't do any research or don't use green packs, production doesn't stop.
Now this looks easier to follow, thank you! I'm also going to take a look at the previous post as well. Everyone is very friendly here.

dyslexicfurby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dyslexicfurby »

haunted_1 wrote:Well, it seems complex yeah but its pretty modular. I just added the belt lines up when i researched something new. I also started with that kind of factory.

But, I currently dont have a save with smaller scale factories but there was thread where someone did an ultra small setup for every pack. Lemme search quick.
pic
Thats just crazy complex in my eyes :lol:

But i guess thats just for the nerds :geek: Learning by doing is something i really enjoyed in this game. Make up your mind to build your individual factory :ugeek:
Wow that is crazy. I already love what I can do with this game and I figure once I get a handle on the more complex stuff I'll love it even more.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Bleda wrote:I made a very compact layout that outputs one of each, red and green, every two seconds. You can upgrade the assembly lines to double the output. This should be enough for your research. You can add a couple of storage chests for buffering, so if you don't do any research or don't use green packs, production doesn't stop.
That one is very nice.:)

If you don't mind, I would add the pic to the wiki?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

sure :)

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

Here is my layout from my current game:

I'm trying to make a layout where none of the conveyors "end", and also I'm trying to not use any splitters. I also like making things kind of silly (I love how I made the electronics labs jump over the coal!) an loop back on themselves.

I'll be adding more labs and assemblers of course, but this is the start :D

* EDIT* Link didn't work

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

the link still doesn't work, it seems.

just upload the image as an attachment to the forum. below the textfield there's a button "upload attachment".

solardarity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by solardarity »

Hi, new player here.

If real-estate isn't a limiting factor, you can use a big system like this one I made today. (second decent game I've played since I started yesterday)

Iron Plates + Copper Plates come in on the right from my central smelter/ IP-CP distributor, feed the system then continue onwards to the next system.

Bonus about this system is any excess materials produced that aren't being used by the science pack assemblers can just be moved to another part of the factory or into chests.

Near the labs at the bottom, there are two transport belts going opposite directions between two rows of labs. The left belt supplies red+green to the labs, whilst the right belt will supply blue and purple science packs when I get to the point of needing them.

This set-up is supplying 16 labs, but when I'm doing a lot of successive research, it becomes less efficient because of a lack of science packs getting to the labs (I should either use less labs or increase production of science packs)

- Solardarity

dyslexicfurby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dyslexicfurby »

solardarity wrote:Hi, new player here.

If real-estate isn't a limiting factor, you can use a big system like this one I made today. (second decent game I've played since I started yesterday)

Iron Plates + Copper Plates come in on the right from my central smelter/ IP-CP distributor, feed the system then continue onwards to the next system.

Bonus about this system is any excess materials produced that aren't being used by the science pack assemblers can just be moved to another part of the factory or into chests.

Near the labs at the bottom, there are two transport belts going opposite directions between two rows of labs. The left belt supplies red+green to the labs, whilst the right belt will supply blue and purple science packs when I get to the point of needing them.

This set-up is supplying 16 labs, but when I'm doing a lot of successive research, it becomes less efficient because of a lack of science packs getting to the labs (I should either use less labs or increase production of science packs)

- Solardarity
I rather like this design actually. Its easy to figure out even if it is a bit large.

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

Not sure why the image didn't work, I could see it fine :/

Try this:

This screenshot is slightly obsolete, I've doubled the number of labs and increased the distance the beakers conveyor goes.

*EDIT*

I also realised that I hadn't set the top two assemblers to make green beakers, so they were just sitting there making me wonder why there weren't any coming out! With the four green labs and the three red labs I'm able to power 11 research labs fine.
Last edited by LittleMikey on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

solardarity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by solardarity »

dyslexicfurby wrote:
solardarity wrote:Hi, new player here.

- Solardarity
I rather like this design actually. Its easy to figure out even if it is a bit large.
Thanks.

The goal was to make everything nice and spaced out, simple and I guess modular in a way.

Next goal will be to get something going for science pack 3's, just need to find some oil..

Return to “General discussion”