Who is the player character?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Sigma1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: What's the player's name?

Post by Sigma1 »

I'd say he's Bob.
she/they

Dasani
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dasani »

I think it's not so much what his name is, as that is decided by the player. It's more like his "title" sort of.

Kind of like fallout has "Vault Dweller", "Courier", "Lone Wanderer", and "Sole Survivor" as it's protagonists.

I usually call him "the factorio guy". Names like The Engineer seem pretty appropriate but the guy isn't just an engineer, he's also a scientist really. "The Survivor" would be very appropriate.

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MalcolmCooks »

Dasani wrote:I think it's not so much what his name is, as that is decided by the player. It's more like his "title" sort of.

Kind of like fallout has "Vault Dweller", "Courier", "Lone Wanderer", and "Sole Survivor" as it's protagonists.

I usually call him "the factorio guy". Names like The Engineer seem pretty appropriate but the guy isn't just an engineer, he's also a scientist really. "The Survivor" would be very appropriate.
then what about The Alien
since you are the one foreign to the planet and the biter "aliens" are actually native

malfunctionm1ke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by malfunctionm1ke »

ssilk wrote:Image

Naaaa..... :)
Well I cant think of anyone else who could craft a nuclear reactor in his hands almost instantly :D

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I have uncovered the truth!

His name is **SPOILER REMOVED*

Totally legit too if you want to know all you have to do is run this command
/c game.print(game.player.character.name)

Nubm2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nubm2 »

Amnesia from the crash maybe.

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

To me he is "Not in High Def Yet" or NIHDY for short. I eagerly await his upgrade so I can call him "Carnivorous Koala".

Milenier
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Who is the factorio's main character?

Post by Milenier »

originating from comment on s3e08 entry level to megabase by katherineofsky people are wondering what is the main character of the game. jokingly saying it is a robot or machine controled by fish
so i thought it would be great idea to continue here on factorio forums.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Who is the player character?

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged several topics about the identity of the character.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

Darritron wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:13 am
I don't doubt that somewhere in the forum there are millions of threads like this, but I can't find it. So, the question is simple: what is the player called? I know Minecraft has it's Steve, and more games have different names for their protagonists, but I've never seen anyone mention the Factorio Player name. Recently, I've seen a thread on the biter names, but I seem to have skipped past all the threads on the player names.

Enlighten me!
So theres Wreck it Ralph..... Fix-it Felix..... so I say we go with "Build-it Bosco". Fabricator Frank? Make-it Marco? Automating Alex? Engineer Ernst? Crashed Pilot Carlos? Stranded Sylvester?

........ or, because I'm bored:

This is a Mega Factory. All craftsmenship is of the highest quality. It is made of Iron plates and Copper plates. It is encircled with Blue Belts of Iron Gear wheels. It is encircled with Stone wall segments. It is encrusted with Blue Assembling Machines and Fast Inserters. It is encrusted with bands of pipes containing petroleum and lubricant. The factory is encrusted with Gems of Production modules and Speed Beacon Arrays. The Factory menaces with laser turrets, flame thrower turrets, and mortar launchers. On the factory is an image of an electric mining drill cluster in Coal, Iron ore, and Copper ore. The image depicts the founding of the factory in 0.1.0. On the factory is an image of a Nuclear reactor in Concrete and Copper. The Reactor is surrounded by Turbines made of Iron and Copper. The image depicts the factory's ascension to nuclear power in 0.15. On the Factory is the Image of the Engineer in Power armor and a Behemoth Biter in Biter Chitin and Behemoth Worm Leather. The Engineer is fighting the Behemoth Biter. The Behemoth Biter is Screaming.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

starlinvf wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:09 pm
Darritron wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:13 am
I don't doubt that somewhere in the forum there are millions of threads like this, but I can't find it. So, the question is simple: what is the player called? I know Minecraft has it's Steve, and more games have different names for their protagonists, but I've never seen anyone mention the Factorio Player name. Recently, I've seen a thread on the biter names, but I seem to have skipped past all the threads on the player names.

Enlighten me!
So theres Wreck it Ralph..... Fix-it Felix..... so I say we go with "Build-it Bosco". Fabricator Frank? Make-it Marco? Automating Alex? Engineer Ernst? Crashed Pilot Carlos? Stranded Sylvester?

........ or, because I'm bored:

This is a Mega Factory. All craftsmenship is of the highest quality. It is made of Iron plates and Copper plates. It is encircled with Blue Belts of Iron Gear wheels. It is encircled with Stone wall segments. It is encrusted with Blue Assembling Machines and Fast Inserters. It is encrusted with bands of pipes containing petroleum and lubricant. The factory is encrusted with Gems of Production modules and Speed Beacon Arrays. The Factory menaces with laser turrets, flame thrower turrets, and mortar launchers. On the factory is an image of an electric mining drill cluster in Coal, Iron ore, and Copper ore. The image depicts the founding of the factory in 0.1.0. On the factory is an image of a Nuclear reactor in Concrete and Copper. The Reactor is surrounded by Turbines made of Iron and Copper. The image depicts the factory's ascension to nuclear power in 0.15. On the Factory is the Image of the Engineer in Power armor and a Behemoth Biter in Biter Chitin and Behemoth Worm Leather. The Engineer is fighting the Behemoth Biter. The Behemoth Biter is Screaming.
You forgot Bob the builder.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Beamup
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Who is the player character?

Post by Beamup »

Widely referred to simply as "The Engineer." After death, gets back up and keeps on working.

Clearly, he's a Time Lord.

TheRangerLOL
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheRangerLOL »

lucserre wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:33 pm
I always just assumed it was "Kevin"...
Sigma1 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:00 pm
I'd say he's Bob.
You guys are just pulling Minion names, aren't you?
The one and only.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

TheRangerLOL wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:36 pm
lucserre wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:33 pm
I always just assumed it was "Kevin"...
Sigma1 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:00 pm
I'd say he's Bob.
You guys are just pulling Minion names, aren't you?
short... yellow....builds things on behalf of a greater intelligence...survives fatal injuries.......

This theory makes too much sense.

TheRangerLOL
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheRangerLOL »

starlinvf wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:27 pm

short... yellow....builds things on behalf of a greater intelligence...survives fatal injuries.......

This theory makes too much sense.

I now support naming him Kevin or Bob.
The one and only.

Return to “General discussion”