Re-Enable Achievements...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Gr3atsaga
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Re-Enable Achievements...

Post by Gr3atsaga »

So, after trying so many things... I finally got it to work.

Here is what I did:

Did a text search for "command-ran", then did a backwards hex search for 01 01. I kept going through them until I found the first occurrence that was not obviously something else (in my case, I have a large amount of bytes that say things about full inventory before I got to the offending bytes, I'm guessing when the game notified me that my inventory was full)

Unlike previous suggestions, when I finally found the correct byte, it was not 01 01 01, it was in fact 01 01 00. The first byte there is indeed the achievement blocker, the second one being the command notification. If we can figure out what the third byte is, and whether it is just 00 or 01 and never anything else, then there might be more of a discernible pattern we can find.

Perhaps this is due to the recent update, but this byte was no where near 6A D8 40. Also, I only had 1 occurrence of that byte string in my level.dat file.

I'm just thankful that after an hour, I finally found the damned byte. Wanted to try out a quick command, but I guess I typed it wrong and it failed. I had made a save backup, but I figured that if the command failed then I wouldn't be penalized for using the command, because it technically wasn't used. But I was wrong, of course. A failed command is apparently still a used command. Go figure.

WaterReloaded
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by WaterReloaded »

Yeeeeees, i've done it. 8-) For all those who are blind like me, simply do what Gr3atsaga wrote. Search for "command-ran" and then do a backwards search for 01 01 once. :!:
And then be crazy :P and change some 01 01's to 00 00's. Because there is no (for me) visible pattern, this is the only way to achieve this. Now i'm happy with my savegame. :D

Shprytny
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Shprytny »

I was trying everythin possible but there is no "command-ran" or "command" i was trying to search by 6A D8 40, 49 numbers after it counting from 6A (By counter) and 81,
I did search for nauvis and lookin for chat from there but this chat was so long away from it.
I think i've done everything to make it but nothing worked.
I would be really happy if someone more experienced would do this on my save but probably no one want to waste his time, maybe if someone here's link to my save:
https://mega.nz/#!CWo3jQDK!LQltXJbaa2g1 ... vnKrwIEXOY

Gr3atsaga
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gr3atsaga »

Shprytny wrote:I was trying everythin possible but there is no "command-ran" or "command" i was trying to search by 6A D8 40, 49 numbers after it counting from 6A (By counter) and 81,
I did search for nauvis and lookin for chat from there but this chat was so long away from it.
I would be really happy if someone more experienced would do this on my save but probably no one want to waste his time, maybe if someone here's link to my save:
Hmm, yours is interesting... its a modded save, so the rules I was able to find don't seem to apply. This bit moves around a lot apparently.

So I think I found the bit... but, since again its a modded save, I don't think you can get the vanilla achievements anyway.
The achievements are now saying, "This achievement can only be unlocked on a freeplay map." Instead of saying you used console commands.
I might have actually found a new part of the pattern though - at least this has been constant between both my save and yours.

The offending bit was located right after an array of FF bits followed by a 00 bit -> essentially searching for FF 00 01 could eventually lead to it.
In both cases it was exactly preceeded by: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 (8 FF bits followed by a 00 bit). Perhaps that could be a pattern...

Do you want me to give you the fixed save? As I said, it looks like you still can't get the achievements. Unless there are custom achievements you have or something, idk.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Gr3atsaga wrote:
Shprytny wrote:I was trying everythin possible but there is no "command-ran" or "command" i was trying to search by 6A D8 40, 49 numbers after it counting from 6A (By counter) and 81,
Hmm, yours is interesting... its a modded save, so the rules I was able to find don't seem to apply. This bit moves around a lot apparently.

So I think I found the bit... but, since again its a modded save, I don't think you can get the vanilla achievements anyway.
The achievements are now saying, "This achievement can only be unlocked on a freeplay map." Instead of saying you used console commands.
I might have actually found a new part of the pattern though - at least this has been constant between both my save and yours.

The offending bit was located right after an array of FF bits followed by a 00 bit -> essentially searching for FF 00 01 could eventually lead to it.
In both cases it was exactly preceeded by: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 (8 FF bits followed by a 00 bit). Perhaps that could be a pattern...

Do you want me to give you the fixed save? As I said, it looks like you still can't get the achievements. Unless there are custom achievements you have or something, idk.
Try this:
- Copy the save, to be certain you can come back to where you are now.
- Disable the mods and start the game. I think that would enable and grateful you the achievements you already completed.
- Re-enable the mod.
- If the modded game got messed up in any way, restore the copy you made in the first step.

I am not certain this will work, but it seems like it should, if you managed to Re-enable achievements except for the mod part. Worth a try.

Gr3atsaga
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gr3atsaga »

zOldBulldog wrote: Try this:
- Copy the save, to be certain you can come back to where you are now.
- Disable the mods and start the game. I think that would enable and grateful you the achievements you already completed.
- Re-enable the mod.
- If the modded game got messed up in any way, restore the copy you made in the first step.

I am not certain this will work, but it seems like it should, if you managed to Re-enable achievements except for the mod part. Worth a try.
I was already able to re-enable the achievements for him. But as I said, it is saying that he has to be in a freeplay map. His save is indeed *not* on a freeplay map, it is on a modded map.

I found the bit and turned it off.

DalaiAlpaca
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DalaiAlpaca »

Any idea how to do this in 0.17? I was running a MP game with friends who were new, so I set the aliens to peaceful. Went to set them off of peaceful awhile back. Didn't have much luck trying to fix the hexes myself.

heckter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by heckter »

I have tried this half a dozen times & it has worked everytime. At any point, enter any command in the console then save. Open level.dat & search for text string "command-ran". Once it shows the first appearance, search backwards for hex 01 01. The first appearance of 01 01 is the achievement lockout & achievement warning message. Change these to 00 00 & save. Open your game save & see if it worked. Always remember to make a back-up just in case there are any problems. Also, this is on 0.16.51.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

heckter wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:54 am
Also, this is on 0.16.51.
DalaiAlpaca wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:58 am
Any idea how to do this in 0.17?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Good_Days13
Inserter
Inserter

How to re-enable achievements?

Post by Good_Days13 »

I started my main world with peaceful mode on, so I used the console to turn it off, but now I can't get achievements. Is there a way to turn them back on? I have HxD.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the thread discussing the subject.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Good_Days13
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Good_Days13 »

mooop12 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:10 pm
It still works, though it took me a while. The way I do it is I search for 6A D8 40, and then I search for 01 01 a few times until the characters around the found string don't seem to repeat anymore. Also, a few lines after the found sequence there seems to be the chat history, that way you know you're in the right place (I think? Haven't actually checked on different saves if it's always there). See attached screenshot. The red 00s is what was previously 01s, one is a flag for console commands used, the other is whether the warning has been shown.

HxD_2018-01-07_00-03-36.png
Yes, this worked for me.

TTR1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TTR1 »

Sorry for the necro.

Been trying to figure it out myself for a few days now to no avail. Tried looking for 6A D8 40 and then 01 01 or 01 01 00. Tried looking for command-ran then 01 01, etc. I think this method has been patched on the latest version. That, or I'm too incompetent with the hex editor.

Would anyone be able to give this save a shot?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KDeG0 ... 8vwXBXnHBi

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

TTR1 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm
Sorry for the necro.

Been trying to figure it out myself for a few days now to no avail. Tried looking for 6A D8 40 and then 01 01 or 01 01 00. Tried looking for command-ran then 01 01, etc. I think this method has been patched on the latest version. That, or I'm too incompetent with the hex editor.

Would anyone be able to give this save a shot?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KDeG0 ... 8vwXBXnHBi
Samesies :(

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

--
Last edited by disentius on Mon May 25, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Great »

I have been trying to re-enable the achievements on my save game all evening. With no success. :(
I would be very grateful if someone could have a look at it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HhkIg_ ... sp=sharing

Great
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Great »

I finally found it!
I'm adding a screenshot in case it could help someone. Version 0.17 , no mods

The highlighted "00" used to be 01.
Found it just before the chat log and just after a serie of "FF" as someone previously said.

Farmboybello
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Farmboybello »

Could someone more knowledgeable than me re-enable achievements on my save? I have tried multiple times and every time I try to load the save the game tells me that there is not enough data. Thanks in advance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WG01Ac ... sp=sharing

zeeyaa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zeeyaa »

I have also figured this out after many failed attempts. To try to help anyone else wanting to fix this, here is the "O1" that I switched to "00" to fix this issue
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 5.04.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 5.04.34 PM.png (2.31 MiB) Viewed 7103 times

Wolftonne
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wolftonne »

Great wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:23 am
I finally found it!
I'm adding a screenshot in case it could help someone. Version 0.17 , no mods

The highlighted "00" used to be 01.
Found it just before the chat log and just after a serie of "FF" as someone previously said.
Hello, im new to factorio and I want to reenable achievements, would you mind adding me on discord Wolftonne#5194 and try to help me. If you could get back to me soon that would be great.

Return to “General discussion”