Re-Enable Achievements...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
cnflrpngrkn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Re-Enable Achievements...

Post by cnflrpngrkn »

I foolishly started with solutions earlier in the thread instead of the latest ones. The byte for me is pictured here (found by searching for "command" to find the chat log, then scrolling up, and choosing the "01" in the same-ish location as the above solution). Version 1.0.0.
byte.png
byte.png (52.01 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
Last edited by cnflrpngrkn on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3ap
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 3ap »

cnflrpngrkn wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:48 pm
I foolishly started with solutions earlier in the thread instead of the latest ones. The byte for me is pictured here (found by searching for "command" to find the chat log, then scrolling up, and choosing the "01" in the same-ish location as the above solution). Version 1.0.0.
byte.png
Thank you, it works for me. Version 1.0.0 (build 54889, win64, steam).
I found the chat log, scrolled up until I saw the first non-printable characters, found there "FF FF 00 01 00 01" and changed it to "FF FF 00 00 00 01".
change.png
change.png (67.25 KiB) Viewed 938 times

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

In a vanilla test map specifically made to find out how to do this I was able to find that string, with it following the command that I typed then.
Interestingly, in that case it was (FF FF FF FF FF FF FF) FF 00 00 01 00, and not FF 00 01 01. Flipping that bit to 00 made the game throw an error. There was near a bit later a 00 01 01 00, but flipping any or both of these 2 bits to 00 resulted in different errors.
It surprised me that Factorio printed a somewhat detailed error message in these cases, instead of just printing a generic error. Some of them were bad allocation, some index error, and something with id 256 not existing, but I don't remember precisely enough because it was already half an our ago.

But the real question is about my main map: what if I can't find "command-ran" in the level.dat of my save? I use HxD, and of course used the search in test-string mode. I wasn't able to find even the command that I ran like in your examples and my test map, could this be because I used /sc?
I used it when I was trying out the new mod global variables viewer, and it gave me this command to run. I thought I restored the save after trying it, but I was wrong, and just now ~60 hours or more later I noticed
It is a modded map in 1.0.0.

Edit:
I've tried to replace 01 to 00 in all occasions when I found this sequence: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 01, but it wasn't successful.
There were 9 occasions, 2 of which resulted in "Corrupt map: unknown tile 0.", and other 7 in the map being loaded, but AAI Signal Transmission crashing because of trying to enumerate an int
Last edited by MPeti1 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

I don't seem to find a solution. /sc seems to make this considerably harder, because there won't be any "command-ran"s.
Anyway, If some of you have the time, I would appreciate if you could take a look at my save. Nauvis as a string can't be found at the beginning of a "surface section" (I call it this way because I found other surfaces from Space Exploration in a very similar structure below), but I think it would be at around 00076E10 because of similarities between the test save, like the "è?ÍÌÌÌÌÌÜ?š™™™™™á?", the "?.333333ë?", and the "ð?{.®Gáz”?":

test save nauvis surface header:
test save - nauvis surface header?
test save - nauvis surface header?
1.png (4.29 KiB) Viewed 525 times
1.png

main save nauvis surface header:
main save - nauvis surface header?
main save - nauvis surface header?
2.png (4.5 KiB) Viewed 525 times
2.png

After the part that is "aligned" by those chars at the sides of the lines, one file continues with me running the command (at 00077650),
test save - nauvis surface later?
test save - nauvis surface later?
3.png (12.79 KiB) Viewed 525 times
3.png

and the other with randomness (at 0B3C7C40):
main save - nauvis surface later?
main save - nauvis surface later?
4.png (8.06 KiB) Viewed 525 times
4.png

Lloydimus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lloydimus »

3ap wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:39 pm
cnflrpngrkn wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:48 pm
byte.png
Thank you, it works for me. Version 1.0.0 (build 54889, win64, steam).
I found the chat log, scrolled up until I saw the first non-printable characters, found there "FF FF 00 01 00 01" and changed it to "FF FF 00 00 00 01".

change.png
You saved my life, thank you very much

tobsn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tobsn »

Hello i have a problem. i can't find the save files. where should they be stored?

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

tobsn wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:43 pm
Hello i have a problem. i can't find the save files. where should they be stored?
This depends on your system and how you've installed it. Probably in %appdata%/Factorio/saves
The wiki lists all possible places here: https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_d ... #Locations

tobsn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tobsn »

Thanks have found it. But I don't know what exactly I should look for in Level.dat, can anyone tell me that right now?

I am confused

Hersh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hersh »

Factorio 1.0 - With mods + Multiplayer

As I had typed the command and kept playing for days, it was impossible to find the bit responsible for disabling the achievements, I only found it after typing the same command on the console and saving the map again, so I searched for "command" and found the responsible bits.

Return to “General discussion”