Re-Enable Achievements...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Re-Enable Achievements...

Post by BLuehasia »

Kane wrote:
BLuehasia wrote:and the irony is mods don't disable achievements XD
Well they have their own achievements they don't publish to steam. But that is the thing most of us don't care about that we just enjoy however we play earning achievements. Devs on the other hand handled the system wrong by a long shot.
you are lost in its irony as there are mods that are considered god mode, all items, all research. in a sense cheat.

heck i bet there is even a mod that unlocks all achievements XD

neitro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by neitro »

Hey i try to find the adress to activate the achivements in a scenario savegame. I didnt find the adress until yet. Someone a idea?
Last edited by neitro on Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Moosfet
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Moosfet »

Another example, with version 0.15.18:
hexedit.png
hexedit.png (8.38 KiB) Viewed 16003 times
The byte that must be changed to 00 is the one highlighted in orange.

This is with the Factorissimo 2 mod, causing it to be near "Factory floor 2" instead of "nauvis."

To find it I executed "/c game.player.print 'hello me!'" just before saving, then searched for that text. This seems to be the best way to find the correct area of the file, as I found another "6A D8 40" and a repeating 16-byte string much closer to "nauvis" but that wasn't the correct area of the file.

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

I've learned to just forego the achievements all together. Right now they just aren't worth the trouble. Any mod disables them and there are a lot of QOL mods out there needed. Waiting for a rework of achievements before I start hunting them down.

Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chaos234 »

For me it was the same as I typed in the cmd to switch into peaceful mode (after arround 9 1/2 hours). Yes, I have the latest 0.15.x with mods incl. but that the achivements got fully disabled by using a cmd is in my eyes stupied.
So I loaded the HxD, opened the level.dat and searched for the 81th char first and then for the 49th char and have had luck with it.

Some cmd. shouldn't disable all achivements directly (e. g. production achivements), also the achivement "Steam all the way" shouldn't be disabled too after the change in the level.dat (This achivement can't be unlocked in peaceful mode.
I use at the beginning normaly peaceful to test mods against each other or to build up my base a little bit and disableing it after I have a litte amount but this time I've forgotten this and the reason was to use the cmd for peaceful.

I hope that this and other achivments wouldn't be longer disabled, neither localy, nor on multiplayer side. On the steam side only disable achivements if there is a mod used which isn't officially posted on the factorios modding page.
It may also be possible to have then two achivement trees if this isn't possible/wanted:

First tree will be the "vanilla" tree, which is well known so no more comment to this one.
Secound one will be the "modded" tree. This tree should be triggered, if the game is definitly modded (except for waitex because this mode is only for design/graphics and does not change the vanilla gameplay). Know the modder can go
and add there own achievements over e.g. achievements.lua which is then scanned and implemented as new achivement tree and if steam is supporting this you can have tons of achievements as long as you have the mod containing it.
I have only seen a bit from the steam api but I think that there is a way to include so called "dynamicly achievements" (hopefully).

If this isn't possible ... then pls only disable them on steam side only and not locally (out of steam)

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

This situation is stupid.

There are mods that let you run arbitrary lua code.

Ariamis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ariamis »

Playing on 14.23, daniel's original instructions still work on a modded save for me. One note though is that if you are using WinRAR or 7zip, make sure to archive the save as a .zip and not a .rar or .7z.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

golfmiketango wrote:This situation is stupid.

There are mods that let you run arbitrary lua code.
Indeed as cheat prevention it is utterly pointless. You can use creative mod to build anything you want for free (rocket in less than a minute), disable it and get achievements while changing avatar colour will permanently block that save.

John_Dong
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by John_Dong »

daniel34 wrote:These are the steps to fix a save that has achievements disabled because of console commands, make sure you understand them before attempting them:
  1. Get a Hex editor if you don't have one yet (I recommend HxD, also has portable versions)
  2. Make a backup of the save file (.zip) somewhere else
  3. Extract the save (.zip-File) and delete the .zip file afterwards so only the extracted folder stays
  4. Open the level.dat file in the Hex editor
  5. Search for the hex string 6A D8 40 (in HxD go to Search --> Find, enter the string and select Hex-values as datatype)
  6. Starting from 6A select all hex bytes until the Length counter at the bottom says 81 (Note: this is a hexadecimal number, in decimal the length would be 129)
    factorio-hex.png
  7. The last byte you selected (circled red in the picture) is the byte for "achievements disabled because of console commands" and is set to 01, select it and overwrite it with 00
  8. Save the file and close the Hex editor
  9. Open Factorio and load the save
  10. Make sure achievements are actually enabled (click on the achievements icon on the top right, disabled achievements are marked red and you can't track them)
  11. Save the game under a new name
Disclaimer: I have tested this on 6 different savegames and successfully enabled achievements again on all of them, but due to the way save data is stored there are probably some edge cases this method won't work on.
Make sure you understand the instructions above before attempting them and always make a backup. I am not responsible for any savegame corruption / data loss that may result from these instructions.
Dang and to think I found it the hard way... Thanks for the mini-tut though.

John_Dong
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by John_Dong »

Moosfet wrote:Another example, with version 0.15.18:
hexedit.png

This is with the Factorissimo 2 mod, causing it to be near "Factory floor 2" instead of "nauvis."

To find it I executed "/c game.player.print 'hello me!'" just before saving, then searched for that text. This seems to be the best way to find the correct area of the file, as I found another "6A D8 40" and a repeating 16-byte string much closer to "nauvis" but that wasn't the correct area of the file.
I found it easier to use IDA Pro on the game to locate the save function and modify the data before it's flushed to the disk. Here's an example:

Melidebby
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Melidebby »

SO I don't think you can Re-Enable Achievements anymore on version 0.15.34
Attachments
sss.png
sss.png (48.47 KiB) Viewed 15506 times

Phssthpok
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Phssthpok »

Seems to still work. I recommend also zeroing the following byte to re-enable the console command warning.
hex editing
hex editing
Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 7.27.57 pm.png (99.7 KiB) Viewed 15454 times

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

The original proposed way didn't work for me but if after 6A D8 40 you search for 00 00 01 00 00 00 the next 01 bit will be what's need to be replaced with 00.

cobalt-ethon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cobalt-ethon »

wvlad wrote:The original proposed way didn't work for me but if after 6A D8 40 you search for 00 00 01 00 00 00 the next 01 bit will be what's need to be replaced with 00.
I can confirm this works in 0.16.7. with a new map.

I couldn't get this working with the multiplayer map we were using since

Code: Select all

6A D8 40
has six occurances in our map and there is no distinct occurance of

Code: Select all

00 00 01 00 00 00
after that with a 01 bit.
I'm quite shure this would work for our map too, but I just can't find it and trail and error isn't really viable.

Alien1812
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alien1812 »

Can someone make a mod for that? Becouse I'm lost with these all numbers....

mooop12
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mooop12 »

It still works, though it took me a while. The way I do it is I search for 6A D8 40, and then I search for 01 01 a few times until the characters around the found string don't seem to repeat anymore. Also, a few lines after the found sequence there seems to be the chat history, that way you know you're in the right place (I think? Haven't actually checked on different saves if it's always there). See attached screenshot. The red 00s is what was previously 01s, one is a flag for console commands used, the other is whether the warning has been shown.
HxD_2018-01-07_00-03-36.png
HxD_2018-01-07_00-03-36.png (25.11 KiB) Viewed 14978 times

blakeh95
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by blakeh95 »

I just tried this and it worked! Thank you so much! I'm playing on a ribbon world and just needed to check if I had enough stone to make landfill to reach the next pocket of stone, so I used the charting command from the wiki. Thought I saved before I ran the command, but guess I didn't. You saved me 29 hours of progress since the last save without the command being run.

FireZtreaM
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FireZtreaM »

John_Dong wrote:
Moosfet wrote:Another example, with version 0.15.18:
hexedit.png

I found it easier to use IDA Pro on the game to locate the save function and modify the data before it's flushed to the disk. Here's an example:
Would it be possible to get some more information about this? Looks interesting. :) How does it work? How can i do the same thing? I've been trying to figure out how that application works, but i can't seem to get anything useful like that nice database/table you got in that picture out of it!

A short guide would be awesome!

8Zn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 8Zn »

I have now fallen into the trap too.
Does anyone still know a way?

xeneonic
Inserter
Inserter

Post by xeneonic »

8Zn wrote:I have now fallen into the trap too.
Does anyone still know a way?
Yes, I just got it to work myself using a different method. Using a hex-editor, I do a forward search for text "command-ran", then do a backwards hex search for 00 01 01 01 and replace the first 01 with 00. Tested with 0.16 stable (modded)

Edit: depending on amount of commands used, you can have many "command-ran" instances, you just need the first instance you find and continue from there.

Return to “General discussion”