Achievements not quite working right

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Achievements not quite working right

Post by DRY411S »

As I said, I got the processing achievement, but a couple of hours later did not get the 'all research' achievement.

I play without mods.

123robert321
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 123robert321 »

Is there any way to reset or redo achievements? I achieved several achievements in game while playing with mods not realising at the time that mods blocked steam achievements. But now I cant get these achievements in steam which is annoying. I can understand not getting achievements with mods running but not blocking them.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

123robert321 wrote:Is there any way to reset or redo achievements? I achieved several achievements in game while playing with mods not realising at the time that mods blocked steam achievements. But now I cant get these achievements in steam which is annoying. I can understand not getting achievements with mods running but not blocking them.
I am guessing that the achievements are held in achievements.dat (it gets updated every time you stop playing). On a Windows PC it's in a hidden folder

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<your_windows_login_name>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio
There's also an achievements-modded.dat file in that folder.

Playing multiplayer the other day, I triggered some achievements which I wasn't expecting.

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Acarin »

Yup, even Blueprint String will negate achievements being credited on Steam. You still get the award within the game itself, but it will not show on your Steam account unless you are playing pure vanilla.

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

@123robert321 You will probably get Steam achievements again when playing on another save that has never had mods. Something else you could do is to modify your current save file so achievements for Steam are triggered again. I don't know whether it'll work if you still have the mods active, or whether that's the problem at all. But if you want, there's a guide on how to do that:
viewtopic.php?p=194059#p194059

123robert321
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 123robert321 »

@Dry411s
Ok i see the .dat file but what am i meant to edit so I can redo the achievements please?

@SWSe
Nope thats the problem as soon as I realised mods were blocking achievements I started new games without any mods but its not giving me the achievements I had already got in game. So if you look on my steam profile it looks like I've managed to get achievements like "Lazy Bastard" and "Raining bullets" without getting "Eco Unfriendly" and "It stinks and they dont like it", which is impossible.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

123robert321 wrote:@Dry411s
Ok i see the .dat file but what am i meant to edit so I can redo the achievements please?
I assume that if you delete those files it will reset all your achievements back to zero. Whether it also zeroises all achievements on Steam or not, I do not know. I doubt it after reading https://help.steampowered.com/en/#text= ... ents&home=

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

As far as I know, if you delete both achievement (achievement gain in vanilla) and achievement-modded (achivement gain on modded factorio), you reset the achivement modded, but if you are playing steam version, the game will reload the steam achievement so you don't lose acheivement vanilla. You can only reset vanilla achievement in standalone factorio.

The only way i know to reset achievement is by a not authorized way by valve using a third party software to manipulate achievement.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

KatherineOfSky wrote:
Xeorm wrote:Achievement text for Solaris mentions three conditions:
Steam engines are excluded.
10GJ are produced
last_hour_only.

Given that the wording is similar to other exclusion achievements, you likely need to make sure there are no steam-engines anywhere. Destroy em all, then play for an hour+ and generate the energy. Might be bugged by becoming impossible as soon as you build the first steam engine, but maybe not.
Nowhere does it say "last hour only". The achievement text says: "Produce more than 10GJ per hour without the usage of steam engine." [...]
It is in the game files:

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I'm playing plain vanilla and updated to 0.14. The odd thing now is that I launched a rocket, won the game, got the achievement. But I continued to play and got "Thangs for all the fish" achievement too. Now I noticed I dont have the "win the game" achievement anymore and launching a second satelite didn't get it back.

Could this be cause because I started the game in 0.13 and now palying 0.14?

123robert321
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 123robert321 »

DRY411S wrote:
123robert321 wrote:@Dry411s
I assume that if you delete those files it will reset all your achievements back to zero. Whether it also zeroises all achievements on Steam or not, I do not know. I doubt it after reading https://help.steampowered.com/en/#text= ... ents&home=
Yep deleting them worked thanks a lot.

@Neemys
Yes you was right it did reload the steam achievements but it didnt reload the ones i got while modding and didnt count so i can do them again and get them to show in steam.

Return to “General discussion”