This game is amazing.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Firebat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

This game is amazing.

Post by Firebat »

Hey all. Hopefully I am posting this in the right place. Anyway, I just bought this game a couple of hours ago after seeing a let's play on Youtube. I am in love with it.

Everything about it is perfect in my eyes. I am a huge fan of the graphical style. It reminds me of the old Starcraft/Command and Conquer/Age of Empires graphics, which have always been my favorite style. Simple, clean, and to the point. I really think that the graphics being the way they are will let as many people as possible be able to play and enjoy this game, as the PC resource demands aren't high.

Factorio has taken all of my favorite things from my favorite games and rolled it all into one. The graphical style from earlier RTS games, the building and crafting from several other indie games, the planning and resource management of games like Transport Tycoon, the list goes on. What the devs have done so far is amazing. This game needs to get played by some big LP'ers on Youtube, that would send a ton of people over here to buy the game!

Keep up the awesome work devs!

Smee
Inserter
Inserter

Re: This game is amazing.

Post by Smee »

I agree entirely.

It was OfficialStuffPlus's Let's Play that bought me here about 10 days ago. He's a fairly big You-tuber, but not massive.

These forums seem good too. Once you've played a bit more (started pondering on optimising various conceptual parts of your factory, perhaps run some figures in a spreadsheet) you'll find some rather smart people loitering about these parts ready to throw all kinds of logic, common sense and maths at you. :P

I must put more focus on Lottery Winning so don't have to waste so much potential gaming time at work each day!

Happy Playing. :)
"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the Devil's own Satanic Herd!"

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I'm happy that you like the game :)
And yes, I'm quite big Starcraft fan, I spent countless of hours playing on iccup, so it will always influence me ...

tiggyd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tiggyd »

Heya! Well this is great, I wanted to create a new post saying pretty much what you have summed up! I am so glad indie developers are having such success today. I have rarely had the chance to enjoy games as I did growing up and I can honestly say this is the right direction for a game: gameplay. Too often do todays big developers use games as nothing other than to showcase graphics and bling (something I can say about mainstream movies too but that is another topic) and forget completely about challenging the player. I originally downloaded this game from torrents, admitedly, because to be honest, I have grown tired of disappoitment and over the years it became habit. However, this time I was so impressed by this game that I ended up making the purchase. I strive to support such monumental tasks and I love the community too! This is the way the world needs to go, and I am so glad to see this happening in not only gaming, but in music too (thanks to SoundCloud).

Anyways, I hope to get to know some of you guys and some of your designs!

Peace! :P
Namaste
“I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.”

Firebat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Firebat »

So I have already dumped almost all of last night since I bought the game, and most of today into it.

The more I play, the more complex and awesome it gets. This game...it has just the right formula for success. It's got all the addictiveness and charm of the best games out there.

Must...go...play...more...

Return to “General discussion”