German Factorio Forums

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
kornichen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

German Factorio Forums

Post by kornichen »

Hello,

I am planning to create a german Factorio Forum but first I want to know how many people would use that and if I am allowed to do that (maybe with permission of the creators of Factorio I can call it the "offical German Factorio Forum").

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: German Factorio Forums

Post by sparr »

If there is demand for language-specific forums I hope the devs would host them here.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

sparr wrote:If there is demand for language-specific forums I hope the devs would host them here.
there is alredy a french and russian forums:
http://www.factorio.com/community
They seem to be unnused but yea.

I personally think that there is no need for other-language forums, since the english one isnt really big.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

ficolas wrote:
sparr wrote:If there is demand for language-specific forums I hope the devs would host them here.
there is alredy a french and russian forums:
http://www.factorio.com/community
They seem to be unnused but yea.
They would get used more if they were here.

I'm part of a lot of online forums where there are many english subforums, and one subforum for each other common language in the player base.

I'm also part of a few forums where there are many german, spanish, or japanese subforums, and one subforum for each other common language including english.

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tardan »

i like to write in german, because my english is not the best. but mostly this forums get realy empty. a german subforum is much better i think.

talk with the factorio crew and vote yourself for moderator :)

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Coming from someone who is barely able to read, or even worse, speak and write German(Hallo, oosterburen :) ), but quite confident in my English skills:
I think one of the last things this game needs in this stage is fragmentation, developer endorsed fragmentation. I see this in a few communities, and although it is nice to give most people a place of their own, in really small communities(like Factorio is right now), it will lead to some information being available only in German(or even worse for me, French ;) ) and having no English equivalent.

Of course there are people who are worse at reading english, but most people online have english as a common language right now, so having english as the major language would be the logical choice.

You're free to setup a German factorio forum, but right now I don't think it's the smart thing to endorse by the devs.
Ignore this

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Gammro wrote:Coming from someone who is barely able to read, or even worse, speak and write German(Hallo, oosterburen :) ), but quite confident in my English skills:
I think one of the last things this game needs in this stage is fragmentation, developer endorsed fragmentation. I see this in a few communities, and although it is nice to give most people a place of their own, in really small communities(like Factorio is right now), it will lead to some information being available only in German(or even worse for me, French ;) ) and having no English equivalent.

Of course there are people who are worse at reading english, but most people online have english as a common language right now, so having english as the major language would be the logical choice.

You're free to setup a German factorio forum, but right now I don't think it's the smart thing to endorse by the devs.
+1

Rens2Sea
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rens2Sea »

Agreed, having language-specific forums only splits the community.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Rens2Sea wrote:Agreed, having language-specific forums only splits the community.
Do you mean this about having different forum websites, or about having language specific sub-forums on the same site?

Here is a forum that is 90% german, 10% other languages, and it works well to have language sub-forums on the same site, so people can link between threads easily: http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Forum/index.php

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I see no problem in having subforums for other languages, other than moderation (this forum doesnt seem to need much moderation anyways)

Return to “General discussion”