Which Modules for Science/Alien Artifacts are the best?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Which Modules for Science/Alien Artifacts are the best?

Post by Hogweed »

So far, I have been using pretty much all Efficiency modules, Since power is the most important thing to conserve, especially with hundreds of lasers needed as I continuously expand out. Also, less power should equate to less pollution. I have a lot of accumulators to over 800 MJ, mostly because of the expense of the roboports, and so my ability to attack bases with large groups of lasers is not bound to leave me without power in a dire situation!! (I love the Blueprint being able to quickly set up a block of walls and 15 lasers so fast!!)

However, with the Alien Science Packs, I put 4 level 2 productivity modules in an assembler 3, to max the amount of Alien Science Packs I can get, and will immediately upgrade to productivity module level 3 to push even more out. But for the labs, I was always using efficiency, and I am thinking I should have tried something else. Especially now with the Artifacts, I want to be able to maximize the research of the of the Alien Science Packs.

Will productivity modules increase the rate of each Alien Science pack towards reasearch? Or will speed allow me to get the most of it? Not sure how to approach that. I thought of 2 and 2 of each. Whats the best combo for maximum research generation?

Thank you for any assistance!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Which Modules for Science/Alien Artifacts are the best?

Post by ssilk »

That's easy: if you have less alien eggs, then productivity, otherwise speed.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Which Modules for Science/Alien Artifacts are the best?

Post by Hogweed »

HAHA! Yes! Less eggs! There is always too few of them!!

Thanks, productivity it is then!

Return to “General discussion”