Need help with Train stop!!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Need help with Train stop!!

Post by Hogweed »

Hi,

Trying to setup my 1st train, but I seem to be very limited as to where I can put it. I have an image below, it seems to only be able to to fit in a few locations. In the picture it can go from where it is placed at the bottom to the left between the walls. The other place is along the top. My station stop I need to build is to the lower right where the oil is, but it wont let me place it anywhere over there.

There are no problems with the track, I have ridden the train around it multiple times, there are no obstructions. There is also a long straight away near my base station, but the same thing occurs there, I cant place it anywhere near it.

Please help with this issue, as I would hate to have to lay pipe all over the place to get the oil to my base.

I have the saved here here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmfklk5zw6wik ... _train.zip

Finndibaenn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Need help with Train stop!!

Post by Finndibaenn »

you wont be able to unload your train on a diagonal track, and i don't think you'll be able to place the stop either

liq3
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liq3 »

Yeh, you need a straight orthogonal track, horizontal or vertical to set up a station. So either run your oil to the track at the top, or setup a orthogonal track near the oil.

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

liq3 wrote:Yeh, you need a straight orthogonal track, horizontal or vertical to set up a station. So either run your oil to the track at the top, or setup a orthogonal track near the oil.
Yeah. you need straight vertical/horizontal stretches. In this case, If going around the wall was required, i'd just cut the track straight north-south and set the station up there, with a cut-around for other trains to bypass the station. (use signals to create a 'block' for the station)

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hogweed »

Ahh, thank you. It was a simple thing to just change the areas I needed to straight. Works great now!!\

Just one thing, how do I change the station's names? The box comes up, but I do see anyway to make the change.

Thanks!

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

Hogweed wrote:Ahh, thank you. It was a simple thing to just change the areas I needed to straight. Works great now!!\

Just one thing, how do I change the station's names? The box comes up, but I do see anyway to make the change.

Thanks!
You can't. All you can do with the box is give two stations the same name.

Return to “General discussion”