Are there any game like factorio?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
halida
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Are there any game like factorio?

Post by halida »

Based on work flow control, factory building, logistic?

Sample:

- spacechem
- minecraft industrial mod
- industry giant

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Are there any game like factorio?

Post by immibis »

Factorio is a game like Factorio :P

Nemoder
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nemoder »

Factorio is rather unique but it definitely has some similarities with minecraft/spacechem/openttd

I'm hoping Clockwork Empires will have a lot of logistical elements though it will likely be closer to dwarf fortress character management.

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

The game reminds me a lot about Kerbal Space Program, but not because it's about factory/workflow/spacial logic.

KSP and Factorio are about learning how to think in practical ways. KSP was the first game to ever make me break out physics based calculus to learn how to play better. Both games are about the constant balancing between size, resources, and resultant gain. Both are about player design and 'letting it roll and see how it goes'. Sometimes you crash and burn, other times things work well. Mostly the former.

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

Zourin wrote:The game reminds me a lot about Kerbal Space Program, but not because it's about factory/workflow/spacial logic.

KSP and Factorio are about learning how to think in practical ways. KSP was the first game to ever make me break out physics based calculus to learn how to play better. Both games are about the constant balancing between size, resources, and resultant gain. Both are about player design and 'letting it roll and see how it goes'. Sometimes you crash and burn, other times things work well. Mostly the former.
+1 to that, and a big AMEN!

Swadius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Swadius »

I find Star Ruler to be similar to this in some very unexpected ways- Mostly due to the ability that the game gives you to solve logistics problems and a continual escalation between all opponents. If you're building super capitals (this game allows you to specify how big a ship can be, and super capitals being magnitudes bigger than the contemporary templates everyone is using), you need them build in a timely manner. But because they are of such size bigger than what the current tech can comfortably build, the resources and in-game labor is also immense, and if the ship takes too long to build, the technology used in its template will become outdated and the "conventional" ship templates will have grown in size due to the players competing with each other, overall decreasing the super capital's advantage in size, volume, and sheer mass. Although an out-of-date capital can still smack the day-lights out of technologically advanced fleets if it's big enough (it just won't be as super).
But a planet can only ever have so many space ports to import stuff, and finding ways around that choke point is quite important as it will be one of the biggest choke points in the game. Turning all the planets in a system into a UPS shipping area, towing a massive shipyard from one of the forge systems into orbit around one of the planets, and setting up a massive chain of couriers that go to and fro each import planet is one way to get around it, as is building orbital stations to import from the galactic stockpile, or intersystem couriers that take from surrounding import planets in other systems. Sometimes all three.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

OpenTransportTycoonDeluxe
There are some things which reminds me very much, especially how the trains work. I often think if OpenTTD could be zoomed into like factorio, it would look like factorio. At the end the transport is not so realistic like in factorio, because the more you transport, the more is produced, even, if there was not any input. :)

Rollercoaster Tycoon.
Well, not obvious at the first glance, but there are many similarities, especially the many different things you could place, and sometimes the belts in factorio reminds me to the visitors in RCT and the attractions are like assembly streets, modifying visitors. Well, I admit it is far, but I swear it has similar logistic problems when you build a rollercoaster.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

ssilk wrote:OpenTransportTycoonDeluxe
Definitely this!

The OpenTTDCoop guys take optimization of resource flow and network design to extremes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqxonFgeNwY#t=203

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I'm sure we can do such things in factorio, too. But the sizes of the landscape is much more realistic and the time it needs to travel that is in minutes.

Btw. Currently I follow my plan to expand to the east. It takes now about 4 minutes to drive with the train to it. Time for airplanes... :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”