Construction robots deconstructing trees

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Sir Nick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Construction robots deconstructing trees

Post by Sir Nick »

Been deconstructing some stuff lately with a red blueprint and suddenly saw a deconstruction marker on a tree. Waited to see what would happen and saw a bot come and destroy the tree, taking wood to storage. Don't know if it is intended behaviour or bug, but if the latter, PLEASE let it be, it is so annoying to clear large patches of forest, even eith a combat shotgun. Plus, the wood doesn't get lost.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Construction robots deconstructing trees

Post by slpwnd »

This is an intended behavior :)

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

haha yeah forests no longer suck so hard with construction bots. Not only do they clear forests super fast, but you even get to use the harvested wood, unlike other methods where the trees are simply destroyed at the cost of valuable ammo.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

slpwnd wrote:This is an intended behavior :)
Not only that, it had to be programmed to work in this case, as trees have no owner.

Richwarf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Richwarf »

Another good use of the red (blue)print is reclining walls after attacking a nest.

I also done it where I added repair packs before taking on a nest, sadly, the bots do get hit... Why can they not just fly higher in the air :P

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

Richwarf wrote:Another good use of the red (blue)print is reclining walls after attacking a nest.

I also done it where I added repair packs before taking on a nest, sadly, the bots do get hit... Why can they not just fly higher in the air :P
Walls?? no way, just go in with a few hundred turrets and wipe em out before they get close :D

Return to “General discussion”