Blueprints are made for placing solar panels!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Blueprints are made for placing solar panels!

Post by garath »

Still just a beginner here. I've been placing my solar panels and accumulators by hand. Over the weekend, I finally started playing with blueprints. First, I created a blueprint with just a row of solar panels. Then, I built one with a 5x5 grid of panels with a substation and lamp in the middle. I took a robobort, some constructions robots, a supply chest and the parts to a nice location. Then, I started "stamping" the ground with the blueprint. Wow! Too awesome! This was so fast and so much fun that I turned the entire production of my factory to making solar panels and accumulators. It's just a very tiny factory. But after having fun with blueprints, I looked up and saw 1100 Solar panels and almost as many accumulators. Oh, and I did the last half using a personal roboport in my MK 2 armor. Wow!! So convenient!! I can't believe I waited this long to try this out. Oh, and using the deconstruct thing to have my 'bots pick up stuff. AWESOME! I picked up a 400x400 section in the "old" part of my base so I could re-task it for something else.

Next, I plan to create a blueprint of my train unloading station so I can move it (and the railroad tracks) to a different part of my base. I can't wait to try it! Every time I play a new game, I learn something new. In my next game, I think I'll install the Foreman mod so I can bring these blueprints from this game to the next one. Having a ton of fun!

Just learned I can Shift-Click on the ground to make the 'bots remove the trees. Is that right? I was doing it in two steps:

1. Clear the trees using the 'deconstruct',
2. "Stamp" the blueprint on the ground to lay the solar panels.

I can't wait to try Shift-Click to do it in one step.

againey
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Blueprints are made for placing solar panels!

Post by againey »

Just wait until version 0.13 (hopefully) comes out in a month or two, and we can look forward to blueprint books too!

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD »

when doing solar fields I like to swap out shields to run 3 roboports.. 30 bots instead of 10 goes a lot faster!

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

I run with 5 Roboports and 50 construction bots. I might go with ten personal roboports if I could ever find my missing 50 'bots. Oh where, oh where, did my little 'bot go! :-)

Achor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Achor »

I use blueprints for so much, i have a simple power pole (with a lamp) in blueprints so i can place them without being near to the place.
I have 8 laser turrets and power pole with wall around it in a blue print, Great for killing bitter bases.

To be honest i wish once you have the robotports you could use the bots to place any one item without a blue print.

Cisz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cisz »

Achor wrote:To be honest i wish once you have the robotports you could use the bots to place any one item without a blue print.
You can (kinda). Try this: Hold an item to place in your hand and hold shift, then place it. (Don't release shift until you placed it.) I build mining outposts that way. Try shift-placing a belt, keep the shift and mousebutton pressed, then move your avatar. :D

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

blueprints are the "godfather´s Shit". i Even have them for single items.
you never need to take all the items with you - result: clear backpack

- Rails , curves , loops , gates , walls the uses are insane

i personal use it as an attack pattern like otheres do
.--------------

LASER - 1x Large Pole 2 middle pole 7 Lasertower (10 robot setup)
Factories - 6 by 4 rows furnance + 48 yellow arms & some tunnel
trainstation - un-. upload system
and of course solar panel

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Cisz wrote:
Achor wrote:To be honest i wish once you have the robotports you could use the bots to place any one item without a blue print.
You can (kinda). Try this: Hold an item to place in your hand and hold shift, then place it. (Don't release shift until you placed it.) I build mining outposts that way. Try shift-placing a belt, keep the shift and mousebutton pressed, then move your avatar. :D
Whoow... Thats a great trick nowhere else to be found

Return to “General discussion”