Turret comparison

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Turret comparison

Post by BlakeMW »

MeduSalem wrote: But that is something I want to try out with 0.13 again when there is something like sensors to spot the enemies. Then I would cut off power to the turrets as long as the biters aren't in the death zone so Biters ignore them and once they are lured inside, bring up all fire power from all sides. Pretty much like a trap.
Unless it changes in 0.13 the biters don't care if defenses are functional or not, they target and destroy them all the same.

I've actually exploited gun turrets without ammo to eliminate biters. If you place a gun turret on an island, then passing small biters will attempt to engage it (even if it has no ammo), the game then immediately deletes the small biter for targeting something it can't reach. It's a pretty good exploit because it simply deletes all small biters which attempt to pass by and since biters tend to follow coasts you can get maybe 70% defensive coverage with a few turrets with no ammo, at least until spitters evolve. I made a bug report and a dev said the AI is changed significantly in 0.13 so we'll see what happens.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

BlakeMW wrote:Unless it changes in 0.13 the biters don't care if defenses are functional or not, they target and destroy them all the same..
Then I must have been lucky when they never purposedly attacked any Gun Turrets without Ammo or Laser Turrets without energy. During construction of the perimeter it seemed like they ignored the turrets and ran just by them as long as they weren't functional yet and if there was a way around them like gaps in the yet incomplete wall. But I will remember that for further experiments.

I only saw them destroy ammo-less turrets when there was at least one other functional turret in the area that engaged them or when the turret run out of ammo/energy while attacking them so that they were already aggro'd. Then they went nuts on everything else too, functional or not.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

Do gun turrets have enough range to defeat the biggest spitters? I would like to play without laser turrets but the range seems to be a problem!

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

TN_Creator wrote:Do gun turrets have enough range to defeat the biggest spitters? I would like to play without laser turrets but the range seems to be a problem!
I'm pretty sure all spitters have the same range (which is like 16 or so, just a hair under gun turret range). So that is doable, but the bigger issue is the measly 400 hit points the gun turrets have (ammo logistics aren't really that hard to solve).

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Bringing this topic back to the front...

Did someone take already time to do some tests/measurements on the Flamethrower turret?

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

Other thread discuss laser vs flame comprasion

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27955

Return to “General discussion”