Question

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Question

Post by TheSAguy »

I have three basic questions,

1. Does equipment like factories, inserters and miners only use power when they run and only create pollution when running?
2. Is there a way to see what settings was used to create a map. Live resource levels, biter size and frequency?
3. Any youtube video's on have to use the green and red wire networks?

Thanks guys,

elkar
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Question

Post by elkar »

1) I'm pretty positive that it's like you described.

As for 3) im actually wondering that myself. I've so far never gotten to the stage i would need that same as for whole "flying" robots things.

liq3
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liq3 »

1. Some of them (e.g. inserters) certainly use less when they're not running. I imagine that also means less pollution.
2. Not that I know of.
3. Yes... Dunno which ones. I think one of Inzainia's vids does.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

TheSAguy wrote:I have three basic questions,

1. Does equipment like factories, inserters and miners only use power when they run and only create pollution when running?
2. Is there a way to see what settings was used to create a map. Live resource levels, biter size and frequency?

Thanks guys,
1) Idle machines use 1/10 of the energy, and I think they also polute 1/10.
2) Dont think so.
3) I havent watched much factorio vids, but its pretty easy to use, I learned to use i without even looking anywhere for info. Put a red/green wire from a electric pole to a smart chest/smart inserter/another pole, the smart inserter will only work if the conditition is met, and the condition is met/not met depending on the chests connected. I dont think I ezolained it really good but I tried xD

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

TheSAguy wrote:2. Is there a way to see what settings was used to create a map. Live resource levels, biter size and frequency?
There was quite some talking in the forum bout this topic in the past. Developers did expressed that they would want the ability to exctract the starting settings aswel as map seed form the game so that pepole could share interesting maps between each other..
But until development on map generation algorithm doesn't stabilize more I seriusly doubt they would implement this. Why? Every change to map generation algroithm makes such information compleetly useless as it can no longer generate same results and thus same maps. And frankly map generation algoriithm undergoes athleast a smal change every new major version of Factorio, sometimes even during small updates like it was in 0.9.1.

Sir Nick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sir Nick »

ficolas wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:I have three basic questions,

Thanks guys,
1) Idle machines use 1/10 of the energy, and I think they also polute 1/10.
2) Dont think so.
3) I havent watched much factorio vids, but its pretty easy to use, I learned to use i without even looking anywhere for info. Put a red/green wire from a electric pole to a smart chest/smart inserter/another pole, the smart inserter will only work if the conditition is met, and the condition is met/not met depending on the chests connected. I dont think I ezolained it really good but I tried xD
Also, if you have multiple conditions on one inserter (eg. green and red wire), it acts as an AND gate - i.e. the inserter works only if BOTH conditions are satisfied.

Return to “General discussion”