Train stations V vs H

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

How would you like to see train lenght issue solved?

Leave is as it is to remain old station designs
14%
Make equal H and V stations mostly by graphics stretching
14%
Make equal H and V station using gaps between wagons to reduce graphics stretching
28%
Simply snap wagons and engines to grid and leave us the fact we need separate designs for H and V stations with different inserter numbers
17%
Snap wagons and engines to grid, but leave loading hitbox gaps in H stations so despite different length H and V stations will have same number of available inserters
4%
Total redesign of train units' size to make less noticeable all graphical issues related to isometric view on top-down grid
23%

Total votes: 95

tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Train stations V vs H

Post by tehroach »

Klonan wrote:
tehroach wrote:
Klonan wrote:
tehroach wrote: If the gap exists in both states of the train, I could probably live with that,
however the current proposals only state that the gap will be on the vertical and not the horizontal.
The gap will be for both horizontal and vertical trains, as was shown in the pictures of the friday facts
I should have said that differently,
the gap will be noticeable on the vertical and not the horizontal.

The graphics are being redone, the 'gap' isnt about the graphics but about the tile size. There will be completely new train graphics for 0.13
Are the trains going to be equal lengths to the wagons to remove the east/west discrepancy also?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

That was the intention, so you can await, that this is the case. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

RnMss
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RnMss »

Stretch the graphics will solve the problem.
The only problem that makes it look like rubber is that the timing function was not correct.
It's not the length in 3D-space is linear to the rotation.
It's the graphics should scale in 2D-space, with X and Y individually.

Dave64738
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dave64738 »

I voted total redesign.

It should be possible IMO to use one station blueprint in any of the four rotations (plus please implement mirroring, and blueprint naming so I can tell which of my 5000 station blueprints is north/south/east/west facing, unloading/loading to the left/right/both, for 1-2-1 trains, 1-3-1, 1-4-1, 2-6-2 etc, since when you select a blueprint it seems to be randomly rotated for no obvious reason).

The train grid should line up with the game grid - you cannot currently (12.29) setup evenly spaced and grouped inserters to insert into different wagons in the same train. Currently neither horizontal nor vertical do that. Can provide screenshots if needed, but I guess the problems are well known.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Dave64738 wrote:I voted total redesign.

It should be possible IMO to use one station blueprint in any of the four rotations (plus please implement mirroring, and blueprint naming so I can tell which of my 5000 station blueprints is north/south/east/west facing, unloading/loading to the left/right/both, for 1-2-1 trains, 1-3-1, 1-4-1, 2-6-2 etc, since when you select a blueprint it seems to be randomly rotated for no obvious reason).

The train grid should line up with the game grid - you cannot currently (12.29) setup evenly spaced and grouped inserters to insert into different wagons in the same train. Currently neither horizontal nor vertical do that. Can provide screenshots if needed, but I guess the problems are well known.
There seems to be only 1 rotation stored for all blueprints, Which means that if you pull out a blueprint and then rotate it all blueprints will be rotated

RobertTerwilliger
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by RobertTerwilliger »

Dave64738 wrote:It should be possible IMO to use one station blueprint in any of the four rotations
Options #2 and #3 will allow this as well. Anyway, devs are already doing it in the way #3.
The time to close the thread have passed a long time ago, so if any moderator reads this - please close it. People continue voting for some reason : )
Holding formation further and further,
Millions of lamb stay in embrace of Judas.
They just need some bread and faith in themselves,
BUT
THE TSAR IS GIVEN TO THEM IN EXCHANGE!
Original: 5diez - "Ищу, теряя" (rus, 2013)

Return to “General discussion”