Gift factorio to a friend in the US. I am from India.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
aloksteel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Gift factorio to a friend in the US. I am from India.

Post by aloksteel »

Hello fellow factorians, I have been playing this game a lot and have obviously loved it. I had bought my copy from steam. I wanted to gift a copy to a friend of mine who currently lives in the US (I am from India). How can I gift a copy to him? Steam has the regional locks for all games so can't gift him from there. If I buy a copy from the factorio website, will I be able to give that to him? Will it be redeemable on steam?

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Gift factorio to a friend in the US. I am from India.

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

The Way I have done it with my kids presteam was, I have made them logged in and buy the game and payed it with my paypal. This works :).

And yeah, he can have a steamkey then, but not at this time. Due to frauds the devs are reworking the possibility to get a steamkey for the game from here. May take a while.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Phillip_Lynx wrote:And yeah, he can have a steamkey then, but not at this time. Due to frauds the devs are reworking the possibility to get a steamkey for the game from here. May take a while.
The devs have finished reworking that, you can now link your Steam account to your Factorio account and get a Steam key via e-mail.
aloksteel wrote:Hello fellow factorians, I have been playing this game a lot and have obviously loved it. I had bought my copy from steam. I wanted to gift a copy to a friend of mine who currently lives in the US (I am from India). How can I gift a copy to him? Steam has the regional locks for all games so can't gift him from there. If I buy a copy from the factorio website, will I be able to give that to him? Will it be redeemable on steam?
Yes, you can buy the game on the website and get an upgrade code, which your friend can then use to upgrade his free factorio.com account to a paid account.
He can also get a Steam key there, sent to him by e-mail.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

daniel34 wrote:
Phillip_Lynx wrote:And yeah, he can have a steamkey then, but not at this time. Due to frauds the devs are reworking the possibility to get a steamkey for the game from here. May take a while.
The devs have finished reworking that, you can now link your Steam account to your Factorio account and get a Steam key via e-mail.
Good to know, they are awsome!!

Return to “General discussion”