Encouraging words

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
mindreader
Inserter
Inserter

Encouraging words

Post by mindreader »

Dear Michal, Tomas, Albert and Jayant. (Sorry if I didn’t mentioned someone)

Once I saw game on one small youtube channel on Russian section and then playing it for 20+ hours in demo, I had only one filling for last two days, and I will try to describe it.

All consuming constantly progressive in geometric progression overpowered super-duper giant epic over9000 feel of INTERESTEDNESSSSSS
(Almost as orgasm, but much longer)

Dear guys! I loved your game as I did not love any game ever. (As a gamer with 15 years of experience)

This topic made for one purpose. This purpose is giving you not just hope but to make you sure!

So, here is my example, I never ever posted anything on forums, never been that interested and motivated to the game. I had never said even a word to developers of games I played till now. With Factorio, things just changed dramatically.

I can tell you guys two things for sure:

1) When you play AAA projects like COD, TES, BF etc. You see all that millions in perfect graphics, screen play, marketing, engines. Only one thing you will never feel, because you can`t buy it, this feeling is love. These exactly the reason why I spent 20+ hours on simple, demo version (I didn’t built radars :D )

2) Geeks like me, are more often then you probably think. Actually, we are quite a huge segment of market. Only in last few years this segment of market started to filling with projects, and as minecraft showed, this segment can make people 100 times millionaire.

So, guys be sure, you will get all founds you need, and the only reason for that is that love you put inserted in to this project. Now it is only matter of time when game will be more and more known.

For everyone, who shares same feeling as I do, please leave few encouraging words for devs, they definitely deserve it.

P.S. Donated
Last edited by mindreader on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

( Tchey )
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Encouraging words

Post by ( Tchey ) »

Yes.

I, and i'm not alone, enjoy this game a lot.
I, and i'm not alone, am ready to pay for an alpha access, like i, and i'm not alone, did for a lot of "small indy games".

Love, from France.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This can't be true, I have to be dreaming, I need to wake up.
Seriously I don't really know what to say, I would never dare to expect that someone would like the game half this much (except for me and Tomas).

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

Very honnestly, this isn't my favorite game. But, I really love MC with mods and Total War serie ^^. But, the fact is, it's at least the most interesting concept I've even seen, and as it's unfinished, I think I can't judge it for now. But the game is already awesome. It goes, for now, third in my favorite games :).

One bad point, however: That game makes prevent me from sleeping, as I spend hours on it ^^.

Xinvoker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xinvoker »

I have already spent more than 10 hours on this game. I get bored very easily, especially in sandbox games, so this says something.
I can definitely say that the game is definitely worth it. The combat aspect is primitive, but the building?

Wow, the building is the best I've ever seen. Few games can give you that sense of satisfaction when you complete a production chain.
Simply amazing, and the engine is plain and lag-free, even in alpha.
I've already funded it in indiegogo, had to make an account first too.

I see that for an indie game, your team is already big. That is a big advantage and I hope you get the funding to keep it together!

Return to “General discussion”