Item descriptions

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Item descriptions

Post by DragonPox90210 »

I know that when I first started playing I was confused as to what some items did (what's the difference between a filter arm and a smart arm?) and some of the descriptions that exist are still confusing (the steam engine's performance and available performance for instance) I think it would be helpful for new players if they had descriptions to help out- even though Inserter, boiler, drill and lamp speak mostly for themselves

Oh and could anyone tell me what the red and green wires are used for? (I have a suggestion if the answer is "nothing" :P)

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Item descriptions

Post by rk84 »

Filter inserter and smart inserter both have filter option, but smart inserter has additional feature if connected to "Circuit network". Thats were green and red cable come in. Use either of colored cables to electric pole and then connect to smart inserter and connect another to cable (same color) from pole to smart/logistic chest so the they are in same pole/network. Hovering mouse over the pole shows current signal. You can now set working condition for smart inserter.

https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... it_network
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Item descriptions

Post by DragonPox90210 »

rk84 wrote:Filter inserter and smart inserter both have filter option, but smart inserter has additional feature if connected to "Circuit network". Thats were green and red cable come in. Use either of colored cables to electric pole and then connect to smart inserter and connect another to cable (same color) from pole to smart/logistic chest so the they are in same pole/network. Hovering mouse over the pole shows current signal. You can now set working condition for smart inserter.

https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... it_network
Thats brilliant! Thanks, that fixes some of the problems I've been having with my robots :D

Return to “General discussion”