Factorio on Win8

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

If yo wish to have Factorio to work on win8

YES
22%
IT DOES NOT CONCERN ME
78%

Total votes: 18

V.S
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio on Win8

Post by V.S »

hello I like to bring the topic up for the game factorio to be able to work on Win8. in the poll click yes if you support this agree so Tomas can see this

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio on Win8

Post by Gammro »

I voted "does not concern me", because Factorio works on my laptop with win8 and since last week, 8.1. In terms of games, I think there's no difference to windows 7 in wether it would work. There are of course some known performance differences for some games(both positive and negative). But I've yet to hear of a game that works in windows 7, but doesn't work on windows 8.

If the game doesn't work for you, but the demo does, you might want to look here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=2162
Ignore this

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

This post is pointless and not true...
I have win8 and I can play it fine.

Having a "different" os is not the only reason why the game may not work.
Give your pc specs and all tge info you can give, so devs can help you because saying "it is not working on win8" and making a poll is like saying that it doesnt work for you, because it works on win8 for others... So yea it lacks of information.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Windows 8 actually exists? I thought it was a legend like the philosophers stone.

ray4ever
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ray4ever »

I'm quite sure that the problem isn't win 8 but most likely your pc/laptop/tablet whatever.
I tested factorio on win 7 and win 8 and it works fine (and as not much has changed from win 7 to win 8 concerning games i don't think the operation system can be a problem)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Darthlawsuit wrote:Windows 8 actually exists? I thought it was a legend like the philosophers stone.
It's a marketing trick: Microsoft states that some software does not run on it to make us believe, that it really exists.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Sikozu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sikozu »

V.S wrote:hello I like to bring the topic up for the game factorio to be able to work on Win8. in the poll click yes if you support this agree so Tomas can see this
I play Factorio on Windows 8.1 exclusively, and have no issues at all. Perhaps you should make a more detailed thread in the help sub forum with your problems so someone can help you.

Return to “General discussion”