New here, some questions/sugestions

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
boki
Inserter
Inserter

New here, some questions/sugestions

Post by boki »

Hello, while this is maybe not my first post, it is the second one on the forum so I am pretty new.
First i really like the game and have some questions about its future what is planed and similar (know about oil and multiplayer plans):

1. How many people are working on the game, and are they working on it full time (its their main job)?
2. Is this their first game, and if not, did they made any games in the past (and what)?
3. I am probably in minority here, but i would really like for combat to be more flashed out and less tedious as at the moment that part of the game is lacking, and even if this is a sand box type of game, for me it is important to have good combat in the game. So maybe something like more different alien types (flyers, ground diggers, ranged attackers and similar)that would make late game harder and more interesting, same as maybe diablo like control/feel for your character in combat
4. Do other people have small frame rate drops on night, near light sources?
5. Any approximate date when the game will be finished (end of this year, next year)?
6. What are the plans after the release, if the game sells good, will we see any expansions, paid or free DLC and similar?
Last edited by boki on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New here, some questions/sugestions

Post by FreeER »

1. 4+ (+ is artists/musicians), yes: http://www.factorio.com/contact
2. First (I think)
3. There are many others who would like the fighting improved (including the devs): Fighting Topic
4. It's a possibility
5. um, not that I can recall. Depends on what you mean by 'finished'. Right now the devs are aiming towards Steam and (see 6)
6. They are planning more of a Minecraft approach (as long as people still support the game and they enjoy continuing the development, they will do so).

Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: New here, some questions/sugestions

Post by Pandamonium »

FreeER wrote:1. 4+ (+ is artists/musicians), yes: http://www.factorio.com/contact
don't forget the bug hunting hedgehog!

Return to “General discussion”