Greetings and first impressions.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Zorch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Greetings and first impressions.

Post by Zorch »

Hello everyone! I have owned Factoiro for about a week now and have put sixty hours into it - so it must be doing something right. Big thanks to Quill18 of youtube for first introducing me to the game as well as to arumba for his wonderful long play videos.

First I would like to reiterate just how pleased I am with the overall game. I was shocked and delighted with its sheer depth. Also, when looking back at old playthroughs and reading the update logs, it is nice to see how far it has come and at just how involved the developers are. In short, they should keep doing what they are doing.

My most pressing suggestion for the devs is to spend more time fleshing out the campaign mode. I understand that this is most likely a secondary concern when compared to the base functionality of the game. While I enjoy the sandboxy nature of the game, the single player missions are really what grabbed me most. The concept of coming in and fixing up and rebuilding a dilapidated or besieged factory is a super thrilling concept and could get a lot more mileage than it does currently. Also it would be nice if the tutorial attempted to explain some of the more advanced concepts. Having a giant block of popups that you have to absorb all at once and in one go is a terrible method to teach as there is no real way to refer back to them easily. Also, there is virtually no mention of fluid handling or robotics at all (two fairly major aspects of the game). The lack of in game information was somewhat disappointing and frustrating as I had to keep referencing articles both on and off of the wiki. I know exploring the tech tree tends to be the basic nature of crafting games in general, but I still think there is some room for improvement - particularly when it comes to introducing new mechanics to the player.

But again, wow. What a game. It really took me by surprise and filled a niche I didn't even know needed filling! Congrats to the developers on their well deserved success.

Tankh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Greetings and first impressions.

Post by Tankh »

There's a Game Guide available on the Factorio.com website: http://guide.factorio.com/

It addresses both oil/fluids and logistic system.

Return to “General discussion”